Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 09:44:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Flaminia fuel guage sender  (Read 6152 times)
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« on: 08 May, 2022, 11:48:45 AM »

The club received the below email from a Denver Lawson in N Zealand, if anyone is interested please contact me for his email address

"Hi there,
We are restoring a Flaminia Touring and the car doesn't have a fuel sender. I first searched online and came across 2 interesting things:
1. Your forum, where others are investigating these senders, and
2. The guy in the Netherlands who sells senders for an exorbitant price.
I went to use your forum but discovered you need to be a club member to register.
Well, as I am in NZ I'm not so interested in joining a UK club, but.....
You may like to know that these pole senders (and the exact one sold by the Netherlands guy) are a standard marine part, made in China and available very cheaply. As I lived and worked in China for several years I will get my one made there in the appropriate calibration for the Jaeger gauges. Does anyone else in your club want some? We could get a few made at once (with the proper 3 hole flange, not the converted from 5 hole with adapter plate type). Online they say about $20 NZD each but I guess they'll be a bit more in custom calibration and 3 hole flange plate. But nothing like the over-300£ the other seller wanted to charge me!
Kind regards
Denver Lawson "

P

Frank Gallagher
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 08 May, 2022, 06:13:43 PM »

20 NZD+?   I would like one if it fits my Flaminia PF.
Thanks to Denver Lawson.
Richard

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 08 May, 2022, 06:40:36 PM »

20 NZD+?   I would like one if it fits my Flaminia PF.
Thanks to Denver Lawson.
Richard

Richard would you like his email address?

P

Frank Gallagher
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 08 May, 2022, 08:19:13 PM »

Yes please. Sounds good.
Richard

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
Kaha

« Reply #4 on: 09 May, 2022, 06:52:30 AM »

I would like his address as well.

I have a loose wire on my sender so it stops at a quarter full tank. I can choose between full-to-quarter tank or quarter tank-to-empty...
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #5 on: 09 May, 2022, 08:00:48 AM »

PMs sent

P

Frank Gallagher
Charles

« Reply #6 on: 09 May, 2022, 11:33:06 AM »

I would also like one for my convertible. Charles

Augusta berlina, Appia S3 berlina
Flaminia convertible 2.8 3c Touring
Beta spider S1 1600, Gamma berlina S1
Gamma coupe S1, Delta 1.6 multijet
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #7 on: 09 May, 2022, 12:17:16 PM »

Pm sent Charles

P

Frank Gallagher
FERGTS246

« Reply #8 on: 09 May, 2022, 02:06:58 PM »

Hi, Can I have his address as well please.
Chris
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #9 on: 09 May, 2022, 03:43:40 PM »

Sent Chris

P

Frank Gallagher
Charles Frodsham
Megaposter

« Reply #10 on: 09 May, 2022, 06:17:55 PM »

Can I have email too?
Many thanks
Charles
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #11 on: 09 May, 2022, 06:24:31 PM »

Sent Charles

P

Frank Gallagher
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #12 on: 09 May, 2022, 08:31:08 PM »

A further email from Denver, again if anyone else interested ,I can pass on his email address/ phone number, just trying to keep his contact details private/safe

"Hi everyone,

I thought I’d transfer this discussion to my work email address as I find Google mail to be a bit non-intuitive. I only use my kakapoden address on my phone.

OK so we can get these pole type fuel senders made with our own calibration and a flange that matches the proper Lancia 3 hole pattern.

I was thinking about getting about 10 made, keeping a couple for us here in NZ and maybe shooting the rest over to you guys in the UK? Let me know how that sits with you all, and also if any quantity revision is in order.

We also need to check the wiring colours and termination type carefully for the different cars.

So I guess if you guys all collude to check your tank depths, and wiring info (tail length and termination type) and elect some fellow to liaise with me about it all then we should be good to go.

Price-wise, they’re running about $20NZD but that’s with a std calibration and 5-hole flange which are both incorrect for us. Plus shipping. So they’ll be a bit more in the end but basically the price of a few coffees.

I haven’t got our 62 Flaminia GT3C Touring here yet (it’ll come in around the end of the month) but I’ll check the (Jaeger) gauge calibration with the bench power supply and a big potentiometer, then we can confirm what values are correct for the gauges. I know the guy in the Netherlands does publish his resistance values but I’ll check them for myself, thankyou very much….

Can’t think of anything else at the moment but do feel free to include anyone else in the circulation who might need one. If we ‘reply all’ in our comms then we’re all on the same page.

If anyone wants to call me please use the cell, below, as I am often out of the lab or just too busy to answer the landline. But my mobile is usually close to hand. Please bear in mind the time change to NZ! J You can call me up til around 9pm at the latest as I currently am enduring very early starts to my day. Also calling from 5.45am is ok.

Sharing my contact details is also fine by me.

Kind regards,

Denver Lawson"

P

Frank Gallagher
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #13 on: 10 May, 2022, 08:11:53 AM »

The 250mm seems to fit my PF Coupe tank, and has one 'tail' measuring less than 150 mm and a negative earth terminated on the body of the sender by means of a ring crimp connection. Excellent that the calibration and mounting hole spacing can be made suitable. How much is coffee in NZ I wonder?
Richard

* 20220510_082348_resized-1.jpg (501.19 KB, 918x1632 - viewed 97 times.)

FERGTS246

« Reply #14 on: 10 May, 2022, 12:48:05 PM »

Richard, are you offering to be the central person to pass all the info to Denver?
Chris
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd