Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 07:40:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lancia Tester on Ebay  (Read 6808 times)
fay66
Permanent resident

« on: 17 June, 2008, 08:41:28 AM »

Alan Cooper is putting his Lancia Tester Kit on Ebay, shouldn't think there will be many chances to get a set like this again, shame if it didn't go to a club member, or at least another Lancisti.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150260128121

Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
Neil Lewis
« Reply #1 on: 19 June, 2008, 10:19:04 PM »

Shame indeed because the one which the club owns (kept by Ian Lloyd) was dropped by someone who borrowed it and it's unrepairable.  Both Ian and I have tried to purchase a replacement but to no avail.

So, if anyone has one of these, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease offer it to the club so everyone can have the chance of using it.

Neil
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 19 June, 2008, 10:33:06 PM »

Shame indeed because the one which the club owns (kept by Ian Lloyd) was dropped by someone who borrowed it and it's unrepairable.  Both Ian and I have tried to purchase a replacement but to no avail.

So, if anyone has one of these, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease offer it to the club so everyone can have the chance of using it.

Neil

Neil,
Contact Alan on  alan.c.ia@ntlworld.com.

Regards
Brian
8227 Cool

Dedra Technical Adviser
Neil Lewis
« Reply #3 on: 24 June, 2008, 10:49:36 PM »

I did and he said that if the club wanted it they would have to bid.

It went for £525; that's nearly £400 than we have available Sad

So any others???  Please give the club first refusal.

Neil
Harvey
« Reply #4 on: 24 June, 2008, 11:00:10 PM »

We discussed this at Sunday's committee meeting, and we agreed to bid. It went for more than we were prepared to pay, though.
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #5 on: 25 June, 2008, 06:19:50 PM »

We discussed this at Sunday's committee meeting, and we agreed to bid. It went for more than we were prepared to pay, though.

I knew it would probably fetch a tidy sum but I didn't expect it to go for that sort of money, I suppose it's the integrale appeal. Cry

Brian
8227 Cool

Dedra Technical Adviser
Neil Lewis
« Reply #6 on: 28 June, 2008, 12:58:26 PM »

This is the third Fiat and Lancia Tester which Ian and I have bid on (well me actually).  We set a limit of £150ish and, if we got one, we were going to offer it to the club at what we paid.

But it turns out that £150 is way too little.  What we need is a bit of altruism amongst the sellers/bidders.  If the club owns it, it can be lent out to anyone who wants it.  Instead people are buying these devices so that just occasionally they can use them and the rest of the time it just gathers dust.  That's really not very sensible.

So, what did the committee say?

Neil
Harvey
« Reply #7 on: 28 June, 2008, 10:11:16 PM »

We agreed that we should pursue the opportunity to purchase, mindful of the Articles of Association - namely, the club exists to support owners in preserving their cars, etc, etc. However, we don't have an unlimited budget, and after reasoned consideration set a figure that was ultimately not successful. We weren't too far off, though. If anyone spots another in the future, give me a nudge, and I'm sure we can have another go.
Neil Lewis
« Reply #8 on: 29 June, 2008, 09:03:14 PM »

So, if one comes up on Ebay, we need to have only one bidder or we'll end up pushing the price up when we want to keep it down.  Of course that only works for people on here since the rest of the membership won't know what we're doing.

So shall I leave it to you to do or would you rather I bid.

Neil
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #9 on: 29 June, 2008, 10:37:33 PM »

Best bet is to get one person to bid using Auction sniper (or similar) with your agreed maximum figure, Auction Sniper at this point only tracks the bidding, this way no one knows your even interested & will put in a bid just enough to beat the previous bid in the last 5 seconds, & there's always a good chance of getting the item for less than your maximum figure.

This is why generally it is pointless watching the screen and placing a bid at the last moment, you maybe lucky but certainly not if anyone is tracking the bidding using Auction Sniper. Sad

If however in the meantime your figure is outbid you receive a warning to that effect, so that you can at that point decide if you want to up your maximum figure; of course if lots of others are also using Sniper, you could still lose out at the last minute depending on their maximum figure that maybe higher than yours.

Using sniper has the advantage that you're not showing your hand or even interest in the item, whereas if you follow the bidding it forces others to do the same.

Brian
8227 Cool
« Last Edit: 29 June, 2008, 10:48:27 PM by fay66 » Logged

Dedra Technical Adviser
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #10 on: 01 January, 2018, 04:06:15 PM »

Realising this is a very old thread, I thought I'd still post this email from an Italian car enthusiast in the States -

"Hello Lancia Friends,

I stumbled upon an old thread on your forum which describes the unfortunate dropping of the Club’s Fiat Lancia Tester making it inoperable.

These are pretty rugged units, except for the plastic box, however, the display can easily get misaligned so that the unit do longer functions.

This was the case of a unit I bought used. The good news is that replacement displays (Optrex 16433) are available via electronic surplus stores and are very easy to install.  All the information is provided in this thread:

http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/164-168-1991-1995/234417-repairing-marelli-tester.html

Warmest regards from the U.S. and all the best for 2018,  —Steven Immel (a.k.a “pinino" )  "

P

Frank Gallagher
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd