Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
29 March, 2024, 11:42:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rust Proofing  (Read 1254 times)
DavidHill

« on: 16 January, 2022, 03:54:40 PM »

Hi All,

I am currently applying cavity wax to my Aprilia (post very expensively having new floors, sills, door bottoms and bootlid replaced)...i have put plenty of Dinotrol ML into both sills, all four doors, the interior cavity of the bootlid, the box section under the front seats and the box section under the back seats...any other common areas i should address? How about the engine bay box sections- do they rust??
davidwheeler
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 16 January, 2022, 11:10:15 PM »

If you can find a cavity, fill it with Waxoyl!   The arches over the rear suspension mountings are also hollow and difficult to get at.  I would think drill either side of the rear seat floor.   I'll have a think...
Just been out to have a look.   Really not sure how to access it.  I know I had to do some welding about the front mounting of the rear subframe which is a hollow section but without taking off the wheel I cannot get a picture - sorry!.
The subframe itself is hollow of course maybe you should drilll and inject this as well though I have not had trouble in this area.
« Last Edit: 17 January, 2022, 10:06:14 AM by davidwheeler » Logged

David Wheeler.  Lambdas, Aprilia, Fulvia Sport.(formerly Appia and Thema as well).
DavidHill

« Reply #2 on: 18 January, 2022, 08:39:13 AM »

yes good idea David, will look at putting cavity wax into both front and rear cavities...had forgotten the rear cavity was there...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd