Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 03:54:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Flaminia Touring fuel tank & main/reserve fuel tank cock  (Read 2569 times)
FERGTS246

« on: 18 January, 2022, 12:55:35 PM »

Hi, Does anyone have internal pictures of a Flaminia Touring fuel tank please? I need to undersatndwhere the baffles are and where the main and reserve tank pick-ups are.
Also does anyone have a spare, or know where I can get, a main/reserve fuel tank cock - it's the brass 3 way cock under the car, that's operated by the round tap on the floor just in front of the passenger's seat?
Thanks in advance.
Chris
dannels
Megaposter

« Reply #1 on: 19 January, 2022, 09:17:56 AM »

Hi Chris,

Looks like these guys have one:
https://www.rubinoclassiccars.com/en/parts/parts-lancia/flaminia/touring/rubinetto-benzina-detail

Cheers
Dave

1961 Flaminia GT, 1966 Matra Djet V
Jay
Megaposter

« Reply #2 on: 19 January, 2022, 10:27:16 AM »

I didn’t even know that this existed, let along having a reserve fuel tank, is it a serial 1 thing? I must investigate.

Julian Wood, Kingston, London
Kaha

« Reply #3 on: 19 January, 2022, 11:03:08 AM »

I think the reserve with a special switch was only ever used on the PF Coupé (and possibly some berlinas)
dannels
Megaposter

« Reply #4 on: 19 January, 2022, 12:28:44 PM »

No I have the reserve tank (with a separate fuel line) with that switch on the floor of my GT

Cheers
Dave

Jay
Megaposter

« Reply #5 on: 19 January, 2022, 01:22:40 PM »

The OP Chris has a GT series 1, but i am sure that don't have such an item on my GT 3C series 2

Julian Wood, Kingston, London
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #6 on: 19 January, 2022, 02:37:09 PM »

My PF has the tap, which I think is fed by two differing height pick ups in the one common tank. Although I have now repurposed one feed as a return pipe from the carburettor. Richard

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
FERGTS246

« Reply #7 on: 19 January, 2022, 10:24:55 PM »

Thanks chaps.

Richard can you confirm the lower fuel pipe exiting the tank is the reserve line?

The reserve tank must be a Series 1 thing then.
Its mentioned in my User's Manual and shown in the massive Spare Parts catalogue.

Chris
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #8 on: 20 January, 2022, 11:37:11 AM »

I am not sure which outlet is reserve. Bottom would be guessing. Top is what I have always used so I have stuck with that. Running low would obviously confirm. Presumably the higher pick up pipe would be less likely to collect debris. Perhaps someone has a picture of the internals, as looking down through the fuel sender hole, I can't see exactly how the pipes are arranged. This has now raised a point in my mind as to what the reserve capacity is, as if I am only using the main pickup perhaps previous intermittent fuel problems could be explained. My fuel level is often 4 inches from the tank bottom.(I have a dipstick until I find a new sender). I must be more generous with the petrol fillups. Richard

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
willoroe

« Reply #9 on: 20 January, 2022, 02:11:27 PM »

Reserve capacity is quoted as 1.75 imperial gallons in the owner manual.
It looks like this is for the Berlina but there is no mention of fuel capacities in the 'Variations for Coupe, GT and Sport' section.

The tap has to be working of course to get access to the reserve, I found out the hard way that mine does not work!
Another job for the list.

Willo

* Screenshot 2022-01-20 140552.jpg (67.79 KB, 528x520 - viewed 190 times.)

1960 Flaminia PF Coupé
1962 Alfa Giulietta Spider
1969 Wolseley Hornet MkIII
2007 Alfa 159
dannels
Megaposter

« Reply #10 on: 21 January, 2022, 09:21:55 AM »

Series 1 only feature sounds like the most likely explanation

Yes its the lower take-off from the fuel tank. Thats why I had to mount my electric fuel pump under the bonnet (to pull on both lines if needed) whereas later models cam do a boot mount as they don't have the reserve line/tap

Cheers
Dave

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd