Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 06:53:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Delta 1.6 multijet diesel with automatic gearbox  (Read 3163 times)
AlanT

« on: 29 December, 2021, 07:21:22 PM »

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone has a Delta III diesel with a semi-automatic gearbox, or if anyone knows anything about the gearbox used in this model. There are not many on the road in the UK (about 60 according to the 'how many left' website). I live in Spain and I was thinking of buying one. They are quite scarce here too. I'm finding it difficult to get info on gearbox reliablilty and common issues. Most of the cars on sale in Spain have fairly high kilometres, thus the reason for being concerned about issues. The only car on sale with low kilometres is about twice the price of the others!

It may be that the gearbox is the same as used on the Fiat Bravo 1.6 diesel (known as Dualogic) and I've found some info sugesting they are, but no definitive statement that they are the same. If they are, then I can obviously reach out to some fiat forums for info, but I thought I'd try hear first.

Regards,

Alan
richardlewis

Appia series 3 berlina LSJ 251

« Reply #1 on: 30 December, 2021, 11:42:41 AM »

Don't quote me on this , but think it is the same as used on Alfa Guilietta, hardly any info on internet !
I believe they are meant to be very robust ?
AlanT

« Reply #2 on: 03 January, 2022, 12:23:56 PM »

Hi,
Thanks for the Alfa Giulietta suggestion. I guess I could post something in Fiat, Alfa and Chrysler forums to cover all the bases. As there are no other replies, I guess there are no LMC owners of this model who are active on the forum. I did try joining a Lancia forum in Spain several times, but they keep refusing me access!
A1.6HPE

« Reply #3 on: 04 January, 2022, 02:19:01 PM »

Hello Alan,
The Delta is mechanically the same as a FIAT Bravo of the same era, there may be more Bravo Automatics around than Deltas pt Giuliettas.

Leo

Edinburgh Regional Co-Ordinator
Dilambdaman
Permanent resident

« Reply #4 on: 10 January, 2022, 04:42:09 PM »

Hi Alan,

I bought a Delta 3 automatic a year ago and have completed 6000 miles to date. The only problem has been the failure of the brake light sensor which really did upset the operation of the gearbox! My local independent Fiat/Alfa garage identified and sorted the problem quickly.

I've had Alfas with the Selectronic gearbox in the past and found them to be a very acquired taste. They don't operate in the same way as a 'normal' auto box. However, once you understand the principle and adapt your driving to accommodate it they are fine. From experience I would only ever buy a very low mileage example as they can become problematic with age and high mileage. Very few garages have any experience of them and won't work on them. I was fortunate to find mine with just 26k on the clock.

Just my observation, good luck!

Robin.

Robin Lacey 3222

1932 Dilambda
1992 Y10 GTie
2012 Delta Mk3
AlanT

« Reply #5 on: 11 January, 2022, 10:10:58 PM »

Robin,
Thanks very much for your comments. There are only a few for sale in Spain at the moment. The lowest mileage is 123k kilometers (76k miles) with a hefty 8,800 euro price tag (for a 2009 model !!). There are some others with around 200,000k kilometers (125k miles) for less than 5,000 euros and one or 2 years newer. So, taking your comments about mileage into account, the big price gap for the lower mileage car starts to make sense. These prices are very high compared to the UK, but there's nothing new about that. Spanish 2nd hand prices have always been much higher than the UK (with or without the pandemic).
I have also looked at autoscout.com for cars in Germany and Italy. Some of the prices are much lower than Spain, so a low mileage car from europe might be an option.

Leo,
Thanks for your comments also. If I buy one I might try doing a trip to Scotland in it and get along to a meeting! (covid permitting of course)

Alan
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd