Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 05:51:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: History of an Aprilia  (Read 1391 times)
John Larkin

« on: 24 December, 2021, 09:40:49 PM »

I have a 1949 Aprilia berlina and I am trying to trace its history from 1949 to 1954.  I understand that the car was bought new by Henry Norman from Dublin, and that he kept the car in Italy until 1954 at which time he imported it to Ireland.  I am trying to identify its Italian registration details, so far without success.  I emailed Registro Aprilia a number of times, but have not received any response.  The Fiat/Lancia archive provided manufacturing records, but were unable to provide any sales information. I appealed for assistance in The Automobile magazine a couple of years ago, and I was contacted by a person in Paris who promised to help, but who has not responded to emails.

Is there any way of tracing the car's history in Italy from 1949 to 1954 using its chassis number and the first owner's name?

John Larkin.

John Larkin
1949 Aprilia berlina
nistri
Megaposter

« Reply #1 on: 25 December, 2021, 10:38:40 AM »

One chance is to apply for a "visura" at one of the ACI (the RAC equivalent) offices with the chassis number and the year of registration. This is relatively cheap (I guess around 15 pounds) and ideally you need a friend who goes to such an office in person. The office should then extract the info from the PRA office. It seems complicated but it is not. Andrea

Andrea Nistri

Ardea S2
Appia S2
Fulvia GTE
Fulvia Sport 1.3 S
Fulvia Montecarlo
Fulvia Coupe 1.3 S
John Larkin

« Reply #2 on: 25 December, 2021, 02:09:43 PM »

Thank you Andrea.
Buon Natale!
John Larkin.