Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 11:07:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Series 3 327XVF update  (Read 1638 times)
DaveKennedy

« on: 29 November, 2021, 11:12:59 AM »

Progress has been slow but here's an update on getting my LHD 1962 Series 3 roadworthy, with the much appreciated support of Forum members.

It was imported from Italy in a job lot in 2019. I bought it in February 2020, and then it was running but only just. The clutch was slipping badly and the rear brakes were seized.
I replaced all the brake shoes and two wheel cylinders, and welded a large plate into the front offside floor. I've replaced the clutch and flywheel, and the gearbox front bearing. I've also fitted a new exhaust system, overhauled the water pump and dynamo and replaced the handbrake cable.
Along the way a lot of other parts have needed cleaning, freeing up or repairing, but no major problems.
I've also done some work on the seats and interior trim, and have fitted carpet in the rear. The front still has the rubber mats.
Now the car's running well and finally I can drive it without feeling that something is about to break!

I'm trying out some seat belts anchored to the seat frame and floor, which I'm sure won't pass an MoT but they make me feel a bit safer!

Thanks for all the help and suggestions I've received. It's taken me 18 months, but not a lot of work for a nearly 60 year old car that hadn't been looked after for a long time.

Soon I'll replace the rotted door seals and the scratched door glass, and there's a bit of welding needed on the rear valance. At some point I need to remove the dash to repaint and recover it, and the car really needs a paint job but I'm not in a hurry for that. I plan to use the car a lot next year. Let's hope that classic car events can resume soon!

Best wishes to all.

Dave Kennedy

* Ready for welding-r.jpg (140.7 KB, 1200x896 - viewed 96 times.)

* Floor repaired-r.jpg (126.66 KB, 1200x900 - viewed 102 times.)

* Rear floor-r.jpg (140.36 KB, 1200x900 - viewed 92 times.)

* Rear valance-r.jpg (124.46 KB, 1200x900 - viewed 95 times.)

* Seat belts-r.jpg (128.83 KB, 1200x896 - viewed 99 times.)
nistri
Megaposter

« Reply #1 on: 29 November, 2021, 07:48:45 PM »

Congratulations! Excellent work, I am sure you will enjoy your Appia, Andrea

Andrea Nistri

Ardea S2
Appia S2
Fulvia GTE
Fulvia Sport 1.3 S
Fulvia Montecarlo
Fulvia Coupe 1.3 S
Mikenoangelo
Megaposter

« Reply #2 on: 30 November, 2021, 10:38:50 AM »

[quote author=DaveKennedy link=topic=12783.msg91465#msg91465

I'm trying out some seat belts anchored to the seat frame and floor, which I'm sure won't pass an MoT but they make me feel a bit safer!

wishes to all.

Dave Kennedy
[/quote]

Funny how the brain works. I have  driven open vintage cars for more than 65 years including our present1925 Salmson and never suffered the instinct to reach for the non-existant safety belt but in a saloon like my Augusta or my previous 1927 RR I always do!

Mike
« Last Edit: 30 November, 2021, 07:18:33 PM by Mikenoangelo » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd