Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 10:32:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My Appia  (Read 6304 times)
richardlewis

Appia series 3 berlina LSJ 251

« Reply #15 on: 22 December, 2021, 05:46:45 PM »

Hi everyone, My friend Colin came over and we , by accident or design , unblocked the fuel pipes. Ran perfectly. Over at Colin's again , he will replace all the fuel pipes, maybe with a larger diameter,and drain the fuel tank , making sure no debris. There was some evidence of degraded rubber ? in some of the fuel collected. Anyway looks like light at the end of the tunnel...
Happy Christmas !
lancianut666
Permanent resident

Slow but rough

« Reply #16 on: 22 December, 2021, 07:16:00 PM »

Great news have a Merry Christmas!
Clarkey

Fulvia Coupe S2 Flavia Coupe 1967 1.8 Kugelfischer Prisma 1.6 carb Y10 Fila Y10 Touring Dedra 1.8 Dedra 2.0 Turbo Appia S1
richardlewis

« Reply #17 on: 03 January, 2022, 06:37:17 PM »

Happy new year everyone, all fuel lines/pipes renewed, tank drained , car drives like a dream ! In love again ! lol
There wasn't a mesh in the tank , some debris there , but much wider diameter pipe used, so with all that , ought not to ever be a problem again ...
Yippee !

richardlewis

« Reply #18 on: 18 January, 2022, 05:20:33 PM »

Been driving my car around on the dry days since Xmas... still probably shouldn't , salt etc, but it's such a fun car !
Love standing out from the crowd...worth all the previous agro.
The interior could do with a slight  refresh , door cards really , anyone know of an expert not too far from Newbury ?
My wife still keeps on about how much I am spending ...lol

sllim1946

« Reply #19 on: 18 January, 2022, 09:32:35 PM »

Hi Richard,

As Clarkey says there should be a tank filter. Normally incorporated in the tank outlet. My Series 3 tank was really bad when I got the car it but the Frosts 3 part treatment sorted it and no problems for the past 16 years.

However it is great news that you have a clean system by the sounds of it.

Rust ferments at the air to fuel boundary in a steel fuel tank so keeping you tank full helps. When leaving the car unused for any time this problem can be reduced by putting a couple of  desert spoons full of 2 stroke oil in the tank, this will sit across the fuel /air boundary and reduce the tendency for rust to form. A four stroke engine can easily cope with a little 2 stroke oil on restart.
« Last Edit: 18 January, 2022, 09:36:10 PM by sllim1946 » Logged

1961 Appia Berlina S3
MisterNick

« Reply #20 on: 19 January, 2022, 09:08:36 AM »

Been driving my car around on the dry days since Xmas... still probably shouldn't , salt etc, but it's such a fun car !
Love standing out from the crowd...worth all the previous agro.
The interior could do with a slight  refresh , door cards really , anyone know of an expert not too far from Newbury ?
My wife still keeps on about how much I am spending ...lol

Hi Richard, my sons have an automotive upholstery business, primarily dealing with classic and vintage cars, and will be tackling the interior on our Appia Vignale when it is back from the spray shop. They're based in East Anglia but interiors can be sent on pallets and returned in the same manner if you'd be interested. In any event they would be happy to discuss with you if you needed any advice
richardlewis

« Reply #21 on: 19 January, 2022, 06:16:31 PM »

Thanks for comments. Will bear in mind.
Probably best to find a local upholsterer; hardly an emergency...one for the future really.
I've never been Appia .. lol... bet nobody ever made that joke before !
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd