Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 09:24:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rear Suspension Transverse Link Bushes  (Read 2566 times)
A1.6HPE

« on: 08 September, 2021, 03:05:39 AM »

Hello everyone,
Does anyone know if the transverse link bushes on an 8 valve Delta have the same dimensional sizes as on a Beta?  I suspect that they are, although they may have differing rates.
Essentially - will Delta units fit a Beta?

Leo

Edinburgh Regional Co-Ordinator
Kevinlincs
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 08 September, 2021, 10:19:00 PM »

I bought some Beta spares that included arms, I remarked at the time that they looked exactly as the integrale ones on my car, I'd be amazed if they weren't the same.
Not sure if I have any Delta ones left although I'm sure I had spares, so could potentailly be able to check for you assuming I can find one of each.

Flavia 815 coupe
Dedra turbo
Delta integrale
A1.6HPE

« Reply #2 on: 09 September, 2021, 08:18:06 PM »

Hello Kevin,
A friend of mine once told me that the link arms are the same on Betas and Deltas - he found that out when he was rebuilding his Delta (Mk 1) and found that over time he had built up a stash of Beta and Delta arms and could not tell the difference when he wanted the Delta units. Sadly his stash has been lost in house/garage moves.

Tomorrow, I will get dimensions for the Beta units.

Leo

A1.6HPE

« Reply #3 on: 10 September, 2021, 02:09:01 PM »

For info, perhaps to help future queries:
Beta transverse links (fixed, pressed ones) measure approx  555mm between the bolt centres.
The bushes are 30.35mm outer diameter (metal sleeve outside) with the metal core having an internal diameter of 9.9mm
(Bush dimensions as measured by my Clarke's digital caliper, so subject to some small tolerance)

If someone can provide measurements from a Delta, that would tie up my query.

Leo
« Last Edit: 19 September, 2021, 05:36:54 PM by A1.6HPE » Logged

Kevinlincs
Permanent resident

« Reply #4 on: 10 September, 2021, 08:41:40 PM »

If its the transverse adjustable ones that you refer to, as per the picture then the Delta is different. Found an integrale one, with a basic tape measure (vernier up at unit) I estimate the bush diameter to be 25mm with a sleeve bore of 10mm, bush width approx 23mm. If you refer to the non adjustable arms I may have some up at the unit, I'm there tomorrow so can check.
Pictured is the adjustable type bush from an integrale.

* IMG_20210910_185732.jpg (1379.32 KB, 2448x3264 - viewed 166 times.)

Flavia 815 coupe
Dedra turbo
Delta integrale
A1.6HPE

« Reply #5 on: 19 September, 2021, 05:36:10 PM »

Hello Kevin and thank you.
For a Beta, the 8 bushes are all the same as standard although the replacements offered by LanciaBetaParts are different due to the different construction of the adjustable arm ends.

You can see the different contact area for the two types of arm ends.

NB:  Have corrected the internal sleeve dimension above to the measured 9.9mm  but it accomodates a 10mm bolt/rod so must be 10mm.
« Last Edit: 19 September, 2021, 05:38:09 PM by A1.6HPE » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd