Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
18 April, 2024, 06:44:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LPG ?  (Read 1986 times)
fulvia815

« on: 17 August, 2021, 09:30:59 AM »

What are people’s thoughts on converting a perfectly running series 1 coupe  to lpg ?  Just a little concerned about e 10 fuel . Decrease or increase in desirability?
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 17 August, 2021, 09:37:52 AM »

Not a fan at all, cost of installing by a certified garage versus mileage cost saving ( heard of significant undesirable side effects), then as you noted , will it reduce it's resale value/desirability?

P

Frank Gallagher
AndyT72

« Reply #2 on: 17 August, 2021, 11:38:39 AM »

I think this has been covered before, but Esso (for the moment) sell 99 octane fuel ethanol free...of course you have to be in the right bit of the country and stomach the extra cost..... Wink

https://www.esso.co.uk/en-gb/fuels/petrol

Andy Tiley
1972 Fulvia 1600 HF
1973 BMW 3.0 CSL
2016 Porsche Cayman GT4
Gone but not forgotten: 1972 Porsche 911 2.4T, 1971 Fiat Dino 2400 Coupe
nyssa7
Megaposter

« Reply #3 on: 18 August, 2021, 07:37:40 AM »

LPG is becoming more difficult to find as garages swap over their LPG pumps . More and more will start to “sell” electricity to cater for EVs rather than lose their business putting even more pressure on the LPG network

Don’t know how many miles/annum you do in the Fulvia, reckon my Elise rarely manages 1500 in a year which equates to filling up 5 times a year? Si if Super Unleaded costs £4 extra a tank, that’s just £20 a year uplift in running costs?

Cost of an LPG set up likely to be £1500-2000? And you need somewhere to locate the tank, you’ll still need petrol to start the engine……..sorry, not viable in my book

I’ve got an old LPG set up in my RV which does less than 10mpg, updating that is not the no-brainer it would seem. Starting from scratch to avoid buying 99RON? 

2000 kappa coupe 20vt
1996 kappa saloon 20vt race car
the "Yntegrale"
1999 Lotus Elise S1
2016 AMG GTS

Y10 Advisor
fulvia815

« Reply #4 on: 18 August, 2021, 09:01:26 AM »

Ok . Thanks . I’ll have a think.
AlanT

« Reply #5 on: 18 August, 2021, 09:44:54 PM »

I started a thread on the use of LPG on the general chat section (LPG/Petrol Lancias) back in January. You'll have to go to page 4 to find it. Personally, I'm open to the possibilities of LPG, but I accept there are issues, some of which are covered above. My own reasons for considereing it are different to yours, as you will see if you decide to read the thread I mentioned above.

I wasn't concerned about E10 fuel as I have in mind getting a Delta III which I think will be ok with E10 fuel. I was thinking about lower No2 emissions and future restrictions on driving in urban areas. I live in Spain and the government are planning on rolling out restrictions on all urban areas with a population of more than 50,000. So, you will need to drive an electric car or an alternative fuel car (i.e. LPG or CNG) to get the coveted ECO label for your car, to travel without restrictions. They allow LPG to have the ECO label due to the lower No/No2 emission levels.

If they decide to do something similar in the UK, then there might yet be a small up-tick in the use of altenative fuels, as some people don't want or simply can't afford to switch to a shiny new electric car. So, the demise of LPG fuelling points might not happen as quickly as you might expect. All speculation of course, but it will be interesting to see what happens with government legislation. That's always a key driving point for major changes in the world of motoring and elsewhere.

Regarding your case with the fulvia, if it's only the E10 fuel that is your concern, then I guess it would be best to wait and see what happens with the fuel availability.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd