Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 11:22:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zagato rear seatbelts  (Read 3896 times)
Philm
« on: 10 October, 2008, 08:17:22 PM »

Has anyone ever fitted rear seatbelts into a Zagato? I am planning to fit some tommorow if anyone has any tips.
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 11 October, 2008, 07:47:08 AM »

i am glad you have raised this phil as i need to do the same to accomadate my 3 year old.i have a pair of new static belts from omicron which i have used in the front to secure a baby seat which i would like to now install in the rear.My s3 fulvia coupe had 2 factory mounting points at the rear of the seat base.i cant remember if there was a third.i can only imagine using the boot floor for this in a sport as i am not sure about the strength of the rear backrest crossmember.i do remember from installing racing 3 point harnesses that the lapbelt is straightforward but the belt angle of 'shoulder to mounting point' must not be too accute to avoid compressing the shoulders and spine?in a forward impact situation.also correct sized load spreading threaded plates should be used [behind sound metal reinforced if necessary]these are available from harness suppliers individually and have the correct thread.i would also appreciate advice on this subject to get it right first time as i would never underestimate the forces involved in a collision.  richard

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
Philm
« Reply #2 on: 11 October, 2008, 08:59:56 AM »

It seems quite straight forward; There are 2 lap belt centre mtgs below the rear seat base and 2 side mtgs on the wheel arch below those for the front belts. The 3rd point is up on the rear 3/4 panel. All are manufacturers 'hard points' with the correct wleded inserts & stiffeners. I will post some images later toady when I am done.
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 11 October, 2008, 11:42:05 AM »

not so straightforward in my case.there dont seem to be any mounting points!i suppose this is because i have a series one.so i look forward to your pictures to point me in the right direction

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
andyps
Megaposter

« Reply #4 on: 19 July, 2021, 11:58:29 AM »

I know this is a really old post but I am hoping someone may be able to help with pictures showing the position of the mountings for rear seat belts in a Zagato. I've had a look but can't see anything so would rather know where to start peeling away the trim rather than just doing it randomly. It's just to fit a couple of lap belts unless there is an easy way to fit 3 point belts.
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #5 on: 19 July, 2021, 08:21:51 PM »

I ended up making anchoring points in the rear floor area to suit, and using the rear seat backrest cross member for the upper fasteners. The 3 year old has now outgrown the reat seat 12 years on!

andyps
Megaposter

« Reply #6 on: 19 July, 2021, 10:34:16 PM »

I ended up making anchoring points in the rear floor area to suit, and using the rear seat backrest cross member for the upper fasteners. The 3 year old has now outgrown the reat seat 12 years on!

Thanks, having read that there are mountings included I am hoping to use those and not drill anything. It will be very occasional use for my granddaughters so I don't really need to do it, but would love to take them out in the car.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd