Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 09:27:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Flavia, Fulvia, Beta & Monte - Do you know Jack ....?  (Read 12010 times)
St Volumex
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

Owner of RetroPart

« Reply #15 on: 06 January, 2011, 09:29:25 AM »

No worries John.

Suggest you buy a jack handle from Fiat which for all practical purposes will do the job just as well.

I don't have any spare handles, but could make a replica, as I have nearly all the bits!  Grin

If you are interested in that I can work out a price for you.

Kindest regards,

Guy McDougall
www.facebook.com/RetroPart
Rare Parts for Rare Machines
Appia Coupé S3 (Rosina), Appia Berlina S3 (La Giaconda), Fulvia 1.3S 5 spd coupé (Tigger, belongs to Carol), Beta Spyder S2 (Vivaldi), Montecarlo Spyder S2, HPE VX (Pugsly) etc
Chris Hopkins
Librarian
Megaposter

« Reply #16 on: 06 January, 2011, 06:01:25 PM »

Sorry I have been so slow seeing this, if you still need another to make up the numbers, please count me in, cheers.

Chris Hopkins
1971 Fulvia Berlina S2
1973 Fulvia Sport 1600
2011 Delta 3 Limited
2012 Ypsilon 1.2 Limited Edition
St Volumex
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

Owner of RetroPart

« Reply #17 on: 07 January, 2011, 07:55:18 AM »

Chris, I took the plunge last year and made a batch of the 'gears' anyway, but still have a few left if you really need one.

Guy McDougall
Appia Coupé S3 (Rosina), Appia Berlina S3 (La Giaconda), Fulvia 1.3S 5 spd coupé (Tigger, belongs to Carol), Beta Spyder S2 (Vivaldi), Montecarlo Spyder S2, HPE VX (Pugsly) etc
St Volumex
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

Owner of RetroPart

« Reply #18 on: 04 February, 2011, 07:31:01 AM »

Here's my latest escapade with Pedestal Jack the lofty one, who belongs to my Appia coupe.  She has a dent in the LHS sill because a previous owner used Bottle Jack on her, as Pedestal Jack's nut was stripped...

Made a new one in brass to match the acme thread, dollied up the inside handle shaft, gears, and even cast a new top cover which was missing.  The foot was also horribly dented, which required removal using a Dremel to carefully cut the welding.  Now all's well that ends well.  Smiley

Guy McDougall
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #19 on: 04 February, 2011, 08:59:56 AM »

Here's my latest escapade with Pedestal Jack the lofty one, who belongs to my Appia coupe.  She has a dent in the LHS sill because a previous owner used Bottle Jack on her, as Pedestal Jack's nut was stripped...

Made a new one in brass to match the acme thread, dollied up the inside handle shaft, gears, and even cast a new top cover which was missing.  The foot was also horribly dented, which required removal using a Dremel to carefully cut the welding.  Now all's well that ends well.  Smiley
Guy, looks interesting but not being a Aprilia man how does it locate, I assume we're looking at the jack from the top?

Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
St Volumex
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

Owner of RetroPart

« Reply #20 on: 06 February, 2011, 06:25:44 AM »

Sorry Brian, my previous photo showed the pedestal jack disassembled.  Here's what it looks like now it's finished.  It works by inserting the pin from the jack's leg into a hole in the Appia's sill.

Typical Lancia, the hole has a beautiful chrome plug, and the jack is also well made - even a ball bearing race below the bevel gears in the head to make things turn easily.  Smiley

Guy McDougall
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #21 on: 06 February, 2011, 06:45:44 PM »

Sorry Brian, my previous photo showed the pedestal jack disassembled.  Here's what it looks like now it's finished.  It works by inserting the pin from the jack's leg into a hole in the Appia's sill.

Typical Lancia, the hole has a beautiful chrome plug, and the jack is also well made - even a ball bearing race below the bevel gears in the head to make things turn easily.  Smiley

Vey similar in principle to  a jack I had with a 1963 Mini, but of much superior quality manufacture!

Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
St Volumex
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

Owner of RetroPart

« Reply #22 on: 04 August, 2012, 01:10:55 PM »

I was having lunch with ann Aurelia owner a few weeks ago, when he told me that the Aurelia jack is the same as the Appia's, but has a round 'foot'.

Can anyone with an original Aurelia jack confirm this please?

Guy McDougall
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd