Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 11:28:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Delta Hill holding device  (Read 4150 times)
Colin

« on: 09 June, 2021, 07:54:11 AM »

Acquired a "new" Delta Limited a few weeks ago to pacify Susan wife who wanted a "newish" 2nd car......she very pleased with it so temporarily not getting the usual "you have too many cars" routine quite as often....

Dealing with the following:

Non functioning SATNAV which says licence expired on maps and as a result have new (2017) SD card coming from Italy.

Two other issues which wondered if anyone on here could assist with/had experienced before:

CD player does not work-when CD inserted says "Unintelligible" and CD player not highlighted as an option on the menu....

Secondly whilst driving into junction 2 days ago advisory light/buzzer came on saying "Hill Start unavailable".  From a quick look on Chrysler forum an owner of nearly new Delta experienced and this was traced to brake sensor-any similar experiences?

Cheers

Colin

lancianut666
Permanent resident

Slow but rough

« Reply #1 on: 09 June, 2021, 04:35:22 PM »

Phew there is some Hi Tech wizardry at play there...

Fulvia Coupe S2 Flavia Coupe 1967 1.8 Kugelfischer Prisma 1.6 carb Y10 Fila Y10 Touring Dedra 1.8 Dedra 2.0 Turbo Appia S1
SanRemo78
Rebel Poster

« Reply #2 on: 09 June, 2021, 04:53:05 PM »

Hill Holder pops up occasionally on Alfa 159s. Possibly a poor battery earth is one option but that usually comes up with VDC faults too. Knackered battery on the 159 can cause all sorts of electrical issues and last culprit I'd suspect an ABS sensor somewhere?
Guy
A1.6HPE

« Reply #3 on: 10 June, 2021, 11:52:12 AM »

Hello Colin,
The Hill-Assist feature can be disabled in the settings menu. Seems to work quite well but I turned mine off.

Leo

Edinburgh Regional Co-Ordinator
GREENYORKIE

« Reply #4 on: 17 June, 2021, 09:28:53 PM »

Hi Colin, good to hear your not Lancialess. In the dim and distant past,about 5 years ago, I had the same warning on my Giulietta which turned out to be the switch under the brake pedal needing adjustment.A bit awkward to access but worth a try.
Regards,
Dave.

Evo1 1992, Delta HPE HF 1998, Beta coupe 2000,1983.Audi TT. Delta HF Turbo,1988.
Colin

« Reply #5 on: 10 August, 2021, 09:06:02 AM »

Just an update.

Hill Start issue resolved itself!...…

Resolved Satnav issue through post on Chrysler website which recommended supplier of sim Card from Italy which with help of Italian supplier works well-albeit Satnav still is dated/clunky...!

No luck whatsoever on non functioning CD so have had to finally get up to date with pairing my phone and playing music through that....
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd