Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
29 March, 2024, 07:31:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Essential tools and spares - and car security  (Read 2079 times)
andyps
Megaposter

« on: 04 June, 2021, 02:29:39 PM »

As a bit of an insurance policy I would like to put together some tools and spares to have in the car now I've finally got it sorted and on the road. I don't want to carry too much but would like to be able to cover basic roadside repairs if needed. What does anyone think is essential?

Also, what is anyone using as security, I was wondering about a decent steering wheel lock but not sure there is much else can be done beyond removing the rotor arm!
Sliding Pillar
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 04 June, 2021, 02:43:47 PM »

See:- http://www.lancia.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=10966.msg78247

1955 Aurelia
1961 Lamborghini
peteracs
Administrator
Rebel Poster

« Reply #2 on: 04 June, 2021, 04:00:35 PM »

On the security front, I am fitting one of the Pay As You Go trackers, so under normal circumstances no need to pay the monthly subscription, just pay it as and when you need it. I am sure thieves will look for one, but a well hidden one might just get your car back quickly and in one piece.

You could of course install two, making one easier to find than the second and making the thief think there is only one.

Peter

Beta Spyder S2 pre F/L 1600
Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
andyps
Megaposter

« Reply #3 on: 04 June, 2021, 05:10:26 PM »

Thanks, I thought I'd seen something but couldn't find it.
andyps
Megaposter

« Reply #4 on: 04 June, 2021, 05:11:42 PM »

On the security front, I am fitting one of the Pay As You Go trackers, so under normal circumstances no need to pay the monthly subscription, just pay it as and when you need it. I am sure thieves will look for one, but a well hidden one might just get your car back quickly and in one piece.

You could of course install two, making one easier to find than the second and making the thief think there is only one.

Peter

That's a good idea, my main thought at the moment though is to provide some visual deterrent to theft which would provide some protection. Retrieval in worst case is another issue!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd