Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 08:10:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Indicator stalk  (Read 1490 times)
Paul Johnson

« on: 24 May, 2021, 07:29:01 PM »

Hi all,
I am fighting with the indicator/light stalk on my Series 2.

My first question revolves around the various light functions: on my vehicle, the sliding switch on the main stalk activates the side lights (front and back) which when pushed down also activates the main, outside headlight beams. These can also be activated by the push button on the same stalk. However, there is a lot of play in that stalk and with a bit of jiggling, the inner headlights also activate, but I am unclear on how these should come on? How do yours work?
Can anyone also advise if the indicator stalk and associated contacts etc are serviceable?
Are there any internal parts that can be renewed to improve function?
I have problems with the left indicator function - the right turn works perfectly. The wiring seems good, my belief is that over the 50 years the switch has worn introducing so much play into the system that it has become unreliable.
As always, your assistance and guidance is very much appreciated.
Paul

Ex-1972 Fulvia
Current-1972 Fulvia S2
Thalia72

« Reply #1 on: 18 June, 2021, 04:13:56 PM »

Dear Paul,

Have a look at my post on the Spares Wanted thread. I am currently having all sorts of problems with my headlamp stalk and having cleaned, re soldered any loose wires and rebuilt it, the damn thing is still playing up. Plan A was to obtain a second hand one for refurbishment either by Omicron, or Pieces Fulvia in France, but as Tim says on the post, it simply might be a loose securing ring. Have you checked that?

Best wishes,

Al. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd