Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
19 April, 2024, 07:32:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fulvia coupe 2/3 lights not working  (Read 1543 times)
Oliveoils

« on: 25 April, 2021, 04:20:50 PM »

Hi guys 
Have had a very productive couple of days cleaning and replacing( as required ) all the electrical connections under the dash, the fuse box and the instrument panel.
The result has been amazing as everything suddenly worked, but...
Went back today to refit dashboard and before starting work did final check to see all was ok , but curiously  exterior and instrument lights that worked yesterday are now dead. I have checked and re - checked all fuses /connections, multi plugs , earths etc . Checked all connections to relays , and removed and tested  lighting and indicator stalk switch. No apparent issues  found here. Now about to rear my hair out!
Wondering now if sidelight /headlamp relay has chosen now as time to give up the ghost? Of the 3 relays on the drop down fuse panel, the top L/h 3 pin relay clicks when the headlamp flash switch is operated but does not light headlamps.  Multi meter in hand I am trying desperately to follow a wiring diagram to establish the functions of each relay but the colours bear little or no relation to what is present on the car. ( this is a series 3 that has been fitted with a series 2 dashboard  by a previous owner).
I don't want to just throw money at the problem which is probably something very simple. So, I would be very grateful for any advice from those of you that have experienced similar issues.

nthomas1
Rebel Poster

« Reply #1 on: 25 April, 2021, 07:05:33 PM »

I've got some diagrams that I drew to show the interaction between the three solenoids behind the fuse panel.  I've sent you an e-mail asking which type of sidelight solenoid you've got - as there are two types.  When I know which, I'll send the appropriate connection diagrams.
Cheers, Norm

Norm Thomas
Ormskirk, Lancashire

Own:
1973 Fulvia S2 Coupe
Previous Lancias: S2 Coupe and S3 Coupe in late 1970s
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd