Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 08:38:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Importing a car - post Brexit  (Read 5883 times)
Jaydub
Megaposter

« Reply #15 on: 24 March, 2021, 07:45:51 PM »

Hi Simon, just wondering about your  "direct comparison" as you put it, were the vehicles of similar value or are the charges related to insurance value as well as age, do you know? Just to add to the confusion maybe.
Jaydub.

1600 HF. S2.
B20B24

« Reply #16 on: 25 March, 2021, 08:00:23 PM »

As a regular importer of cars from the EU, southern France in particular with my Citroen SM business, I can confirm:

Pre Brexit: about one week and £1000 trucking

Post Brexit: four weeks and £4000 (plus sleepless nights and much angst).

Never again!

'58 B20 S6
'53 B20 S3
'67 Fulvia Sport
Dilambdaman
Permanent resident

« Reply #17 on: 01 April, 2021, 12:18:30 PM »

Duplicated from another item.

A couple of months ago I bought a Delta 3 radiator grill and four hubcaps from a French dealer and had them delivered free of charge to my neighbour in France. I then used parcelbroker.co.uk (no connection to me) who provided the delivery label and customs declaration label for me to fill in. Paid them around £25, emailed the labels to my neighbour, the parcel was collected next day and with me in four. No demands for any extra payments. Yet!

We have also for many years brought back from France old furniture clocks etc and have checked what the customs situation might be now. It appears that we fill in a simple customs declaration on line which calculates any VAT or duty due. Submit the form, pay the VAT/duty and use the "nothing to declare" lane at the UK port.

There are limits on things like alcohol and tobacco, other items up to a value of £390 are free.. I presume (hope!) this is per person and not per car?

https://www.gov.uk/duty-free-goods/declaring-goods

Robin.

Robin Lacey 3222

1932 Dilambda
1992 Y10 GTie
2012 Delta Mk3
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd