Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
27 April, 2024, 11:43:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dedra turbo H630 XGN  (Read 65406 times)
Kevinlincs
Permanent resident

« Reply #285 on: 27 July, 2023, 09:03:51 PM »

My daily driver Giulietta has given me grief the last couple of weeks, alternator failed so did a few preventative manitenance jobs at the same time whilst I had alternative transport.
First week I used the integrale for the daily commute to work.
This week I've used the Dedra, also as a shakedown for Sundays' ride out to the national day.
It's been an interesting back to back comparison.
It has also brought me to a decision.
I have long since coveted a coupe of a different Italian brand and to justify getting one I needed to sell off some stock so I didn't have a crazy amount of cars "on the books" paying tax/insurance etc. The Alfa GTV going was maybe enough to satisfy things but in reality I need to make the decision that having 2 Lancia turbo saloons is not sensible.
The back to back test this last fortnight has been a useful test even if not intended as such.

So the upshot is that I may well end up putting the Dedra up for sale.
I mention it on here as if anyone has followed this build will know what the car is, what has been done so may be interested.
I got a bit of stick for selling the Y10 without mentioning it first so no excuses this time!

I will be at the AGM national day on Sunday in the car if anyone wants a look, please feel free to come chat even if just curious.
Ideally I'd love to keep it, but I have to have a certain mount of common sense and the integrale is just so special to me in so many ways that I would regret its' sale far more.   

Flavia 815 coupe
Dedra turbo
Delta integrale
Rob
Megaposter

« Reply #286 on: 10 August, 2023, 08:14:11 PM »

Glad you managed to fix the issue with wastegate actuator Kev, it just goes to show that even a competent mechanic like yourself can make mistakes  Wink. Shame that you're selling your Dedra turbo after all your hard work but you can't keep them all & you obviously enjoy the restoration process  Grin. Whoever buys it will get themselves an excellent Dedra turbo to cherish.

Rob MacFarlane

1988 Delta HF turbo ie
2000 Fiat Coupe 20v
1987 VW T25 Camper
Kevinlincs
Permanent resident

« Reply #287 on: 11 August, 2023, 07:35:58 PM »

I can't make my mind up on the Dedra Rob, I haven't advertised it anywhere yet as I haven't really had chance to use it that much.
If anyone comes along that's interested I'd sell but it's only on here that I've mentioned it. We'll see. Had my eye on a potential replacement that I've coveted for years, hard to justify keeping everything as I am starting the Flavia restoration any time now so maybe I'll just hold off until that's much further along rather than swapping cars around. Not like they're easy to find another if the urge came, this one was a chance find but they don't come up that often, talking myself into keeping it now!  Grin

Flavia 815 coupe
Dedra turbo
Delta integrale
rikardo
Megaposter

« Reply #288 on: 15 August, 2023, 01:08:50 PM »

I was at the AGM on the Sunday in my Dedra integrale but didnt see your turbo Kev. A great pity I missed it as I wouldve liked to have seen it in the flesh. Where did you park? (I was in the field parked behind Bob Hirschorn's Auto version.)

1992 Delta HF integrale
1993 Dedra integrale
and several Alfas
Kevinlincs
Permanent resident

« Reply #289 on: 15 August, 2023, 08:43:33 PM »

I was at the AGM on the Sunday in my Dedra integrale but didnt see your turbo Kev. A great pity I missed it as I wouldve liked to have seen it in the flesh. Where did you park? (I was in the field parked behind Bob Hirschorn's Auto version.)

I unfortunately couldn't make it due tio injuring my back on the Friday, tried to recover by the Sunday for couldn't see me managing the 250+ mile round trip as every press of the clutch was agony.
I also wanted to have a good look at others, would have loved to have seen your integrale version  Sad
And the Flavia coupes for comparison for my own car that's ready for starting work on, overall I was gutte to miss out.

Flavia 815 coupe
Dedra turbo
Delta integrale
Kevinlincs
Permanent resident

« Reply #290 on: 03 September, 2023, 06:30:20 PM »

I've had the Dedra at home for a few weeks now and occasionally take it out, it's now proved itself to be fully sorted after all the boost issues and with all the other attempted fixes like getting the injectors refurbished it runs perfectly and starts straight away even when stood for a week without being touched and settled into a nice smooth ideal. No hesitation when pulling away, no flat spots or lumpy running, really smooth.
I aim to take it to the Midlands Italian car day at Burghley House next month, is anyone else planning on going?

* IMG20230903192438_BURST001_COVER.jpg (2603.3 KB, 4080x3072 - viewed 57 times.)

Flavia 815 coupe
Dedra turbo
Delta integrale
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #291 on: 04 September, 2023, 01:25:06 PM »

Date and time please Kevin.
Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
Kevinlincs
Permanent resident

« Reply #292 on: 04 September, 2023, 06:12:32 PM »

Date and time please Kevin.
Brian
8227 Cool

Sunday 8th October  Cool

https://aroc-uk.com/events/mitcar-midlands-italian-car-day/

Flavia 815 coupe
Dedra turbo
Delta integrale
Kevinlincs
Permanent resident

« Reply #293 on: 20 September, 2023, 06:24:20 PM »

Ticket booked for MITCAR at Burghley House so hopefully see a few guys there.  Cool

Flavia 815 coupe
Dedra turbo
Delta integrale
Kevinlincs
Permanent resident

« Reply #294 on: 08 October, 2023, 08:50:08 PM »

A great drive down to Stamford today in the Dedra, such a nice car to be in.
I was greatly surprised at the positive reception it got, I hadn't really expected it to be recognised that well but on parking near a lovely yellow S3 Delta turbo and having a great chat about how he'd had a few and loved them that set the tone. I feel the time has come where the styling is being appreciated, not just by Lancia people as many visitors to the car seemed to have nice comments, the usual "haven't seen one for years" comments meaning to me, gone but not completely forgotten and now appreciated.
I had put a hastliy thought out "for sale" in the window with a "don't wan't to sell it" price in the window. Although a check for other Dedra turbos for sale for comparison led to me Europe as non found in the UK, the popular AutoScout24 website has a few for sale ranging from around E10,000 to near double that so maybe the £14,750 I put wasn't so out of the way?
Having said that though, and seeing how well recieved it was I am very tempted to hang onto it as it's really a better drive than the integrale in my eyes, so may keep both. At least until the Flavia is done!
A few minutes spent chatting to Brian (should have sat and had a good catch up really Brian, one for next time) and the length of time FAY has been with him which must surely have given him years and years of enjoyment then why not do that with Dedra, money from a sale would soon fritter away so why not reap the rewards as Brian has. 
« Last Edit: 08 October, 2023, 08:52:48 PM by Kevinlincs » Logged

Flavia 815 coupe
Dedra turbo
Delta integrale
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #295 on: 09 October, 2023, 09:30:26 AM »

A great drive down to Stamford today in the Dedra, such a nice car to be in.
I was greatly surprised at the positive reception it got, I hadn't really expected it to be recognised that well but on parking near a lovely yellow S3 Delta turbo and having a great chat about how he'd had a few and loved them that set the tone. I feel the time has come where the styling is being appreciated, not just by Lancia people as many visitors to the car seemed to have nice comments, the usual "haven't seen one for years" comments meaning to me, gone but not completely forgotten and now appreciated.
I had put a hastliy thought out "for sale" in the window with a "don't wan't to sell it" price in the window. Although a check for other Dedra turbos for sale for comparison led to me Europe as non found in the UK, the popular AutoScout24 website has a few for sale ranging from around E10,000 to near double that so maybe the £14,750 I put wasn't so out of the way?
Having said that though, and seeing how well recieved it was I am very tempted to hang onto it as it's really a better drive than the integrale in my eyes, so may keep both. At least until the Flavia is done!
A few minutes spent chatting to Brian (should have sat and had a good catch up really Brian, one for next time) and the length of time FAY has been with him which must surely have given him years and years of enjoyment then why not do that with Dedra, money from a sale would soon fritter away so why not reap the rewards as Brian has. 
Hi Kevin,
Great to see you yesterday, definitely a proper chat next time.
I've always believed the Dedra were underrated, having had 5 over the years, and the Dedra adviser for getting on 30 years, I think I can safely say I've had a bit of experience of them.
If I still had a need I'd be very tempted to have another, as I said yesterday hang onto your lovely turbo and reap the reward of all the effort dedication  and hard work you have put into.
Some may think it's sacrilege, but the Dedra turbo is a great cross country and
and usable everyday.
If we were off on a long distance trip abroad we usually took our series 3 Thema Auto as that was where it's strength lay, as a fast long distance cruisert it was at it's best, but cross country I'd always take a Dedra.
Besides the integrale would free up more funds for the Flavia!

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
Rob
Megaposter

« Reply #296 on: 19 October, 2023, 09:03:04 AM »

Yes, I would hang on to your Dedra Kev as I think you'd regret selling it. You've made such a great job of restoring it, you really ought to reap the benefits  Wink. When are you planning to start work on the Flavia?

Rob MacFarlane

1988 Delta HF turbo ie
2000 Fiat Coupe 20v
1987 VW T25 Camper
Kevinlincs
Permanent resident

« Reply #297 on: 19 October, 2023, 07:35:34 PM »

Yes, I would hang on to your Dedra Kev as I think you'd regret selling it. You've made such a great job of restoring it, you really ought to reap the benefits  Wink. When are you planning to start work on the Flavia?

I'm in no rush to sell it Rob, taking it for a ride up to The Motorist this Sunday near Leeds with my Lad Rob, nice 200 mile round trip to end the season on.

As for the Flavia, work has already started by Dan who is tackling the bulk of the welding.
I have nearly completed the engine strip down, a few little bits to do there.
I am going to paint the Flavia myself as one last hurrah before hanging up the gear, a workshop inside the unit will be made for the task so plenty of work to do.
I was sent a few snaps this week from Dan who has made a start on the Flavia, excited to follow progress on it myself!

Flavia 815 coupe
Dedra turbo
Delta integrale
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd