Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 07:05:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Flavia Seat Belts  (Read 2270 times)
Kindabluenose

« on: 08 February, 2021, 01:22:51 PM »

All,

Has anyone experience of fitting these, to the above ?

Modern belts look to be an issue due to the shoulder fixings ?, or are they ?

Are lap belts easier ?, a better option ?

Can someone point me in the direction of a suitable supplier, I can probably get them fixed at this end ?

Thanks a bunch.

Sliding Pillar
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 08 February, 2021, 01:54:21 PM »

https://www.quickfitsbs.com/

1955 Aurelia
1961 Lamborghini
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 08 February, 2021, 02:38:43 PM »

Yes, I have some lovely belts 
with wonderful buckles originally from this company. Richard

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
bobhenry999
Megaposter

« Reply #3 on: 08 February, 2021, 02:56:37 PM »

Hi,

I had a similar issue with my 815 Coupe. Initially I bought a set of static belts from Quickfit Safety Belts Services, but I got a bit frustrated at them just laying on the floor when not in use, so I contacted them and bought a pair of inertia reel belts which are much better.
The main issue is that the bottom fixing is not at the base of the “B” pillar, but is on the floor at an angle behind the seats, which means that the reel unit can’t be mounted there.

The solution is to remove the vinyl side trim cum armrest from the rear of the car, and Quickfit will supply you with a bracket that allows you to mount the reel at 45 degrees on the inner wheel arch. You then need to cut a slot in the armrest adjacent to the chrome ashtray in order for the belt to pass though and up to the fixing at the top of the “B” post.
It is important that you tell them that you need reels that work at 45 degrees, they have the details of mine and they will send you a photograph of the brackets fitted to the wheel arch for reference.

It’s a bit of a faff, but I managed to do mine in a day and it all looks good. I made up a polished aluminum plate to go round the slot in the armrest to make it look a bit more professional.

Bob

Flavia 815 Vignale
Flavia 819 Milleotto
Flavia 815 Coupe Inezione
2000HF x2
2000 Coupe
2000 Sedan x3
Current 815 Coupe Variante 1005
Kindabluenose

« Reply #4 on: 08 February, 2021, 07:53:59 PM »

...great advice and thank you, I have emailed this company.
peterblenk

« Reply #5 on: 05 March, 2021, 05:22:25 PM »

Try QuickFit in North London (not KwikFit). QuickFit specializes in fitting seatbelts to old cars. Peter Blenk
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd