Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 08:34:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Instrument stalk.....help required  (Read 2029 times)
RDG496

« on: 26 January, 2021, 10:09:35 PM »

I thought I would clean up the lighting/indicator stalk as I thought some of the contacts were causing my lights to play up and I want to get the MOT done.
Having taken apart the switch I have found a detached wire (Black and White as pictured).....Ive tried working out what it is using the wiring diagram but I'm a bit lost.

Also I want to confirm if the contacts are as they should be as I needed to bend them slightly after having a minor issue with reassembly (Ball bearing stuck in a hole where it shouldn't meant a little creative drilling was required to get it out.....No lasting damage but a lesson learnt)
The contact nearest the stalks is in contact but the one further away (Grey and red wire) is only touching when the Main Beam switched is on (Lever pushed down and pulled forward...is this the main beam and therefore correct ?)

Guidance very much appreciated before I solder the wiring and replace the stalk back in the car.

Cheers

* IMG_3548.JPG (65.98 KB, 640x480 - viewed 501 times.)

* IMG_3546.JPG (79.16 KB, 640x480 - viewed 492 times.)
« Last Edit: 26 January, 2021, 11:22:35 PM by RDG496 » Logged
Jaydub
Megaposter

« Reply #1 on: 27 January, 2021, 01:49:03 PM »

Robin
White/Black wire is the earth path via side lamp relay 33 on the wiring diagram. With the switch in down position Grey, White/Black and Green cables should be connected. Switch down and pulled toward you closes the contacts and provides the earth via the Grey cable for main beam as you said. All the cables to do with the lights on the switch are earth connections.  White and the 2 Blues are for the Flashers.
I hope that helps

Jaydub.

1600 HF. S2.
RDG496

« Reply #2 on: 27 January, 2021, 05:24:25 PM »

Thanks Jaydub, so just to confirm looking at the switch (I suspect wires have been changed.....there is no Green) the Red Grey cable contact  point as pointed to in the photo should be in contact with the metal plate on the stalk at all times.....not just when the main beam is engaged ie lever in down position and pulled forwards.

(Im ok putting things back as I found them BUT having not taken a before photo Im at a loss.)

Many thanks

* IMG_3551.JPG (84.97 KB, 640x480 - viewed 351 times.)
Jaydub
Megaposter

« Reply #3 on: 28 January, 2021, 12:26:28 PM »

It`s a bit tricky looking at your photo as it`s seems to be a mirror image, and the colours are not all original.

Red/Grey..... should be Green.   This contact only closes when the arm is down and pullde towards you.

Blue/ Yellow..... should be plain Grey ( from the push button H/Lamp flasher).   This contact is closed all the time.

Brown is correct... side light slide switch.

White/Black is correct. That contact connects when arm pulled down.

If you need any more info, please ask.

1600 HF. S2.
RDG496

« Reply #4 on: 28 January, 2021, 03:15:20 PM »

Super......think I have it now.

Will get the White/Black wire soldered and then install back in the car.

Thanks for the advice.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd