Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 10:26:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lancia Flavia  (Read 2493 times)
Kindabluenose

« on: 21 January, 2021, 01:55:24 PM »

Hi All !
New to the forum and looking for some advice…
I was going to leave it a few years, but I am so bored with the Covid thing, I am going to buy a Flavia, ( 60's coupe ) always loved Lancia and I adore the shape.
A couple of of things :
Is this an original colour ?, see link...
If it is an original colour ?, is there a name or a Dulux Colour reference, ( for want of a better description ? ), I found a colour chart online, but is massive pixellated when I try to read it...I realise some of the YouTube film is in black and white
How much would a respray be and where is best ?
Also, I love the spotlights in this photo, any idea where to source / what they are ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlrJw2ka3WU

Lastly, can you point me in the direction of anything, “ Flavia “ I need to know ?, does it fall into 1000 bits often ?, where to get parts etc ? / manuals etc., grateful for any knowledge...
Thanks a bunch in anticipation, looking forward to the whole experience, good or bad !

Peter.
brian
Megaposter

« Reply #1 on: 21 January, 2021, 03:46:57 PM »

Flavias by and large are robust and pretty straightforward. Parts generally are available in Italy (Cavalitto) and parts and advice from the Flavia and 2000 Consortium. They are nice to drive - good touring cars - and like a lot (?most ?contentiously) the saloons are under-rated and better than derivatives although some parts are more rarely found.

Brian Hands

1922 Hands Tourer
1934 Augusta standard saloon
1938 Aprilia S1 saloon
1953 Aurelia B10
1965 Flavia Sport
Kindabluenose

« Reply #2 on: 21 January, 2021, 06:42:25 PM »

...super thanks a lot, I am very excited to buy
Adamburton99

« Reply #3 on: 16 July, 2021, 09:35:34 AM »

Hi- did you end up buying one? I have a '69 Flavia Coupe- great car
Kindabluenose

« Reply #4 on: 24 July, 2021, 11:11:21 AM »

yup i bought a 1964, love it to bits, small coolant leak, but been driving every week for 6 months now, so pretty pleased about that...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd