Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 11:55:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 403 FORBIDDEN  (Read 6649 times)
rikardo
Megaposter

« Reply #15 on: 16 January, 2021, 02:13:42 PM »

I would recommend installing Mozilla Firefox. If you have to have Chrome then keep that for when its necessary.
Firefox is cross-platform so it works on PC and Mac, although the latter has Safari as its default/built-in browser and likewise that has no problems. It - Firefox - also has Facebook Container which you can add on; this prevents facebook from tracking your activity on other websites, should you have to use that abomination Grin.

1992 Delta HF integrale
1993 Dedra integrale
and several Alfas
sparehead3
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #16 on: 16 January, 2021, 02:18:47 PM »

Hi

Maybe it is the problem with the forum operating as a secure site ( hence port 443 and not port 80 ) ( this is a good thing as it means our connection from PC to Forum is encrypted).

It is however not something that we have configured our side, it may be something Zen is doing ( who provide the hosting site ). So I reckon it is an issue with your PC connecting to a secure site and I don't know the answer as your setup seems similar to mine and I haven't really done anything on my PC and there's nothing special about the LMC forum.

It's really hard to find 'solutions' for this browsing the internet - one suggestion is the time on your PC - is it correct ? ie: set automatically using the internet time clocks ?

Regards,
Steve Pilgrim
lancialulu
Press Officer
Permanent resident

« Reply #17 on: 18 January, 2021, 01:01:48 PM »

The missing banner should now be fixed, I have uploaded a new banner and updated the copyright to be 2021. So, let us know if there are any further 403 problems.

Hi Steve in doing your mod have we lost the rolling banner??? I know its the Lambda centenary but I like the other cars as well!?

Its not the winning but taking part! or is it taking apart?
Lancias:
1955 Aurelia B12
1967 Fulvia 1.3HFR
1972 Fulvia 1600HF
1972 Fulvia Sport 1600
1983 HPE VX
1988 Delta 1.6GTie
1998 Zeta 21.  12v
sparehead3
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #18 on: 18 January, 2021, 01:42:50 PM »

Hi

We haven't had the rolling banner for the past year - in 2020 it was the new regalia banner. That's what it is on the website/database at the moment

Regards,
Steve Pilgrim
frankxhv773t
Permanent resident

« Reply #19 on: 19 January, 2021, 11:45:41 AM »

This is the first time I've been able to engage again so here goes with what I understand of my set-up. I'm using:

Windows 10 (I think)
BT Broadband
Microsoft Edge for internet
Microsoft Defender Antivirus
Windows Firewall
BT Web Protect
BT Virus Protect
BT True Key
I always do the updates on everything when prompted.

I do use the dreaded Facebook and I've tried going in through a fresh internet search for LMC but that doesn't make any difference.
Duncan23

« Reply #20 on: 28 January, 2021, 04:20:07 PM »

Given the problem is with authentication, and occurs on multiple sites, I wonder if it's how your cookies are working?
If you click the padlock next to the url, it should give a menu showing Certificates, Cookies, and Site Settings.
The Certificate is issues by cPanel for both sites, has a 3 month duration and seems fine.
The Cookies - This site has a PHP one and a site one which expire in years - the BetaBoyz site has the same, plus a bunch of PayPal stuff.
The Site Settings show how Chrome deals with all sorts of different permissions.

Next time you get a 403 error, have a look and see if your cookies are working properly.  I guess it's possible that anti-virus or something is cleaning up the cookies in such a way that it's lost your authentication, though in that case I would expect you to be able to log in again. Edit - I checked and if I delete the LMC cookie the it just logs me out, and if I delete the PHP cookie then it gets recreated when I refresh the page, so that seems fine.

Do you visit any other fora that run cPanel?
« Last Edit: 28 January, 2021, 04:25:31 PM by Duncan23 » Logged
frankxhv773t
Permanent resident

« Reply #21 on: 29 January, 2021, 12:25:09 AM »

My system shows:

Certificate is “valid”.
Cookies is 2 (as it should be).
Site Permission are all set to “default”.
Tracking prevention is set to “strict”. Is that a problem?
Trackers shows 1 blocked.

The only forums I visit with any regularity are this and Betaboyz. I occasionally dip in to military history forums during research.

Does anything there look like a problem?
Duncan23

« Reply #22 on: 29 January, 2021, 09:31:12 AM »

That all seems reasonable, but I don't know what Tracking Prevention is (I don't see that in my Chrome settings). Maybe it's worth setting it to the next level down for a day or 2 (or even when you next get a 403) and see if your 403s go away?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd