Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 03:21:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Seat re-upholstery  (Read 2406 times)
RDG496

« on: 11 January, 2021, 04:46:13 PM »

It's time for me to get my seats re-upholstered (Black vinyl) the passenger seat is badly in need of attention but both need addressing as the original foam has broken down and fills the car with fine dust.

Looking for opinions on buying covers and having them fitted OR getting the upholsterer to make them from scratch. I know cover quality can be vast different so keen to hear from anyone who has experience of having the job done.

Many thanks.
my69S1

« Reply #1 on: 12 January, 2021, 04:51:19 PM »

Robin, I purchased new seat covers from Elvezio (https://www.elvezio.com/it/lancia/lancia-fulvia-coupe.html) and had a local upholsterer remove the old covers and install the new.  That way he could see how they were put together.  I went with the double stitch since that is what my old seats had.  Very happy with the result.
BlueKSO

63 Flavia Coupe

« Reply #2 on: 13 January, 2021, 03:58:29 PM »

When I was buying my Flavia Coupe a couple of years ago, I did think somebody had been eating their sandwiches and leaving all the crumbs under the front seats.  Of course we all know that’s not the case!  The covers are woollen fabric which was completely shot, which was strange because the rear seats, door cards etc were almost as new.

I bit the bullet, had both seats completely rebuilt, new foam and matched wool cloth which I think was a Jaguar fabric.
The frames were in excellent condition, in fact the upholsterer commented that they were a superior construction to Aston Martins of the period.  (probably not too difficult)

The budget was truly busted, however, they look superb, I’m very pleased.  The upholsterer is in St Leonards, Hastings, company name supplied on request.

Cheers,  Peter
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd