Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 06:57:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DVLA Advice  (Read 2797 times)
sd39

« on: 27 December, 2020, 06:17:13 PM »

Merry Christmas all

I have a question about DVLA registration, if anyone has any advice I would be grateful

I have recently bought a replacement body for my Appia which my brother and I are restoring (see TSU 306 the restoration thread). The body - I am not really thinking it as a car and it certainly won't be getting an MOT anytime soon as it doesn't have an engine or gearbox or many other bits - is in good condition but didn't come with papers (it was bought in holland). Things are about to get complicated as I am moving to Sweden in the Summer and I want to move both the car and the new rolling chassis/body there. Therefore it might be the case that I will need to have the new body registered before I can move it to Sweden. Is this the case? That is the first question I suppose, and that is brexit related, and I realise that none of us know very much about this. If anyone knows somebody that would know this stuff I would be grateful. A call to Ade Rudler perhaps (not sure I could afford their services though)?

The second question, assuming that I do indeed need to register the new car/body before I can take it to Sweden, is can this be done to a rolling chassis/body that will not be MOT'd for a long while. A cursory glance at the v55-5 form and guidance v355-5 seems to suggest that they only register running cars.

Any thoughts on these questions would be very welcome.
Simon

1960 Lancia Appia Series 3 Sedan, 1966 Lancia Fulvia coupe, 1980 Suzuki FZ50, Bob Jackson bicycle.
peteracs
Administrator
Rebel Poster

« Reply #1 on: 27 December, 2020, 06:52:17 PM »

Hi

Maybe I am being naive, but is this not just a case of having to register the current car in Sweden and the other items are just parts assuming that you do not intend to resurrect the rolling chassis?

Peter

Beta Spyder S2 pre F/L 1600
Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
frankxhv773t
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 27 December, 2020, 07:45:42 PM »

I can't see DVLA being in the least bit interested if it's not going on the road. If it doesn't need registration documents to get into Sweden I'd take the view that it is just in transit. The chances are that you wouldn't even get a registration sorted out before you leave. If you want to be certain then I'd e-mail DVLA and explain the situation.
sd39

« Reply #3 on: 28 December, 2020, 08:14:37 AM »

Hi

That's very useful indeed, many thanks!

1960 Lancia Appia Series 3 Sedan, 1966 Lancia Fulvia coupe, 1980 Suzuki FZ50, Bob Jackson bicycle.
Sliding Pillar
Permanent resident

« Reply #4 on: 28 December, 2020, 10:27:57 AM »

Simon, if you intend to restore/register the rolling chassis at some point in the future you should get it registered ASAP! It is far easier to get a car registered in the U.K. than almost any other European country if it does not have documents. You should immediately (TODAY!) do a NOVA declaration, this should have been done within two weeks of importing it. You will then be able to go through the registration process. If you don't have documents you will have to get a dating letter from the Club (I think it is £150 regardless of whether you are a club member or not nowadays) and there will also be the DVLA registration fee to pay, and obviously to get it registered it has to be insured.
  I think it would be much easier to get the rolling chassis into Sweden if it has documents. From my experience of driving through Europe, if you have all the paperwork you don't have problems. If you don't intend to restore/register the rolling shell, I would take it apart so that you can just take the parts to Sweden, i.e. it is no longer a car.
  Don't forget, as of Friday we will no longer be in the E.U.

1955 Aurelia
1961 Lamborghini
neil-yaj396
Committee
Permanent resident

« Reply #5 on: 29 December, 2020, 09:40:44 AM »

Simon

I'm the DVLA liaison for the club. As others have said they will only register a complete car, but it doesn't have to be assembled, so in reality you only need the body and an engine.

The club do charge £150 to provide a dating certificate and the car will need to be inspected by another member.

Email me on dvla@lanciamc.co.uk if you need to follow this up.

Neil

1979 1300 Beta Coupe, 2014 Ypsilon 1.2 S Series Momo
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd