Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
19 March, 2024, 08:27:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Aprilia boot floor board  (Read 6769 times)
peterblenk

« Reply #15 on: 15 February, 2021, 08:50:32 PM »

John,
Regarding the starting handle, may I impose on you to take a picture or two of the starting handle fixings without the tyre and board in place? I would like to fit my starting handle correctly, but my car has no tell-tale marks to indicate where it should go or how it should be fixed to the bulkhead. Was it held in place with tool clips? if it's more convenient, you could email me at peterblenk@aol.com. Many thanks, Peter
John Larkin

« Reply #16 on: 16 February, 2021, 11:56:08 AM »

Hi Peter,
I'll take the photos in the next day or two and email them to you.
Regards,
John.

John Larkin
1949 Aprilia berlina
davidwheeler
Permanent resident

« Reply #17 on: 16 February, 2021, 10:40:01 PM »

Please post them on here as well.

David Wheeler.  Lambdas, Aprilia, Fulvia Sport.(formerly Appia and Thema as well).
John Larkin

« Reply #18 on: 17 February, 2021, 07:30:14 PM »

Hi Peter,
I have attached two photos of the interior of my boot.  My starting handle turns out to be home made, and not original.  I think that the boot in my car is original. I hope these help.
Regards,
John.

* IMG_1502.JPG (1352.28 KB, 1600x1200 - viewed 203 times.)

* IMG_1508.JPG (1391.64 KB, 1600x1200 - viewed 209 times.)

John Larkin
1949 Aprilia berlina
peterblenk

« Reply #19 on: 04 March, 2021, 12:26:39 PM »

Many thanks, John. I see the vertical clip on the right side of the boot but not the one(s?) on the left side, though it's pretty clear where they (it?) must be. I think that my starting handle is also not original, as it does not have the grooves around the handle end. Now that I see where the handle should be, I am thinking of mounting mine higher, so that I don't have to remove the boot shelf to access the handle. Outrageous to attempt an improvement on the brilliant original design, but...
I note that your car, like mine, has one shelf bracket, mounted just on top of the spare. Mine seems to be an early Series II (438-20591/10024). I wonder whether the fitted suitcase for the single low-mounted shelf was originally one large case, or perhaps one shallow case, with the space above left free for a coat, shoes, or other stuff (as would make most sense, I think). I've only ever seen two shallow cases, each fitting on its own shelf.
Peter
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd