Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 11:51:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New club member  (Read 3081 times)
Delta James

« on: 08 January, 2021, 01:34:40 PM »

Hello All

My name is James and I just wanted to introduce myself as I've finally joined the LMC.

I own a Lancia Delta HF turbo (carb). The car was originally purchased brand new by my grandfather in 1985 from main dealer Tilleys. I still have most of the original paperwork which came with the car when new. The car has always been looked after and spent most of it life in a garage when not in use. My grandfather always promised me the car when I was old enough as I've always loved it. However he fell ill in 2012 so we had to sell it to raise funds for his care. It was a moment I always regretted but knew at the time it was the right thing to do. I have spent a good few years regularly searching various sites hoping to track it down but had no luck, until last year when I saw someone saying they had purchased a Delta with one previous owner. I knew straight away it would be the one.

I aquired the car back in August 2020 and have been having it recommissioned to be road ready. Luckily the previous owner had done some of the work and acquired a good few parts.
So far it has been;
Welded in various places underneath although mostly solid.
Undersealed for future protection.
New brake discs, pads and hoses.
New fuel pump.
Carb rebuild.
Cam belt change.
A few body work issues still need addressing the roof has rust around the sunroof and the scuttle around the front window is rusty.

I plan on completing the work this year and hopefully getting out with it and meeting other Lancia enthusiasts.

Sorry for the Long post.

* IMG_20200702_094344.jpg (1849.16 KB, 4032x3016 - viewed 256 times.)

* received_576061296389457.jpeg (1029.99 KB, 4032x3024 - viewed 259 times.)
« Last Edit: 08 January, 2021, 02:19:20 PM by Delta James » Logged

James Champion
1985 Lancia Delta HF turbo
2003 Alfa Romeo 147 GTA (SOLD)
2014 Fiat 500s
frankxhv773t
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 08 January, 2021, 07:44:15 PM »

Welcome aboard James and thank you for introducing yourself and your car. It looks like it will be fabulous when it is done.

Might I suggest you start a thread under another title and give us regular updates on how it is going along. You won't be the "new club member" for long I hope! You should be able to get lots of advice and encouragement.
Kevinlincs
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 08 January, 2021, 09:23:21 PM »

I think this is the same HF that came form where my Y10 came from..
Really pleased when it found you, great story.
And as Franks say, a nice build thread to keep us up to date would be perfect  Cool

Flavia 815 coupe
Dedra turbo
Delta integrale
Delta James

« Reply #3 on: 09 January, 2021, 06:48:10 AM »

I think this is the same HF that came form where my Y10 came from..
Really pleased when it found you, great story.
And as Franks say, a nice build thread to keep us up to date would be perfect  Cool

I believe it is the guy I brought it from said something about a Y10 aswell I believe.
I will start a new thread at some point with how it's progressing. 👍

James Champion
1985 Lancia Delta HF turbo
2003 Alfa Romeo 147 GTA (SOLD)
2014 Fiat 500s
sparehead3
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #4 on: 11 January, 2021, 12:11:58 PM »

How nice ! You'll be in a very exclusive group of people within the club with early HF Turbos .... a new thread would be really good to see Smiley

Regards,
Steve Pilgrim
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd