Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 11:12:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Y10 GTie (LHD)  (Read 38036 times)
Duncan23

« Reply #15 on: 19 August, 2020, 10:14:09 PM »

Good point on the fuse box - maybe that's why there's so much wiring and relays in that area. There wasn't a box for them to fit into though. Maybe I have one in my spares bag - will have to check.  I assume this is what it should look like? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LANCIA-Y10-AUTOBIANCHI-1993-1-1-37KW-3P-SCATOLA-CENTRALINA-FUSIBILI-7645203/233207698033?hash=item364c431271:g:nj0AAOSwdwlcwHsv That's fora  1.1 I guess the manual is the only way of finding out whether the GTie one is different.

And speaking of the manual, I assume this is the one? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lancia-Y10-workshop-manual-for-2nd-series-cars-Fire-1100-and-1300cc/324266472862?hash=item4b7fc9b59e:g:Q-AAAOSw8wZfCGwK
It sounds like it would have useful information about the engine, and pertinent to my current questions, the electrics. It seems that Omicron might also have one if this webpage is accurate https://www.omicron.uk.com/parts/books-and-manuals/
I've emailed Chris Hopkins, so hopefully the library can help me out, but it's probably a good idea to get one of my own if it is a sensible price...
frankxhv773t
Permanent resident

« Reply #16 on: 20 August, 2020, 12:33:53 PM »

So does your car not have a fuse box somewhere? I'd be surprised if it didn't. The one on e-bay looks as I'd expect it to but don't know if it varied between models. It would be worth asking on here for parts you need before spending out loads on e-bay. I certainly wouldn't charge you £50 for a fuse box. I'm about to go away for 10 days so let's have a chat when I am back in circulation.

Brian, my Volume 2 workshop manual had masses of overlap with Volume 1 so it is well worthwhile having.
Duncan23

« Reply #17 on: 20 August, 2020, 12:47:12 PM »

I had a quick look and there's a bunch of relays (but only 1 or 2 fuses) attached to the back of that bracket. You can see them here (the camera is basically on the floor at the base of the bulkhead):
2020-08-20_01-40-48 by duncancmartin, on Flickr
Not the most flattering photo! Smiley

I haven't had a chance to look for where the fuses live yet, or to work out what the relays lying around on the floor do. I should get some time on the weekend to both drive it around a bit and also do some digging into what is where (hopefully the weather will be kind). If it's a reasonable price, I'll buy that eBay manual. I'm hoping to avoid buying a load of expensive parts from Italy, so I'll definitely be in touch with you and Trevor before I go down that route. Smiley Thanks for all your help so far.
frankxhv773t
Permanent resident

« Reply #18 on: 20 August, 2020, 06:01:22 PM »

I think you'll find the fuse box is on the left under the small glove box (Same side as a RHD car) and your bracket is for all those relays to clip into to keep them tidy.
Duncan23

« Reply #19 on: 21 August, 2020, 06:25:21 PM »

Yes, the fuse box is there under the little glovebox. There's definitely some non standard wiring running from it, so I guess I should investigate where that goes soon.
Duncan23

« Reply #20 on: 22 August, 2020, 03:40:21 PM »

I decided I would clean the interior out and generally make it a bit nicer today, so I vacuumed it and cleaned the carpet, all the seats and the door cards. Would the carpet have originally been black?  It looks like it under the mats in the boot, but the front seat floors are really pale:
IMG_20200822_131154 by duncancmartin, on Flickr
I have some carpet dye kicking around from when I dyed my 924 carpets, so if it should be black, I'll have a go with that. The carpet in the passenger side is really fluffy too, so I'll have to smooth that off a bit.

The drivers seat has splits in it, so I'll leave the cover on until I can do something with that, but the other seats cleaned up nicely, and they are so much nicer than those boy racer style covers.
IMG_20200822_131250 by duncancmartin, on Flickr

You can see how much they have faded in this picture:
IMG_20200822_131402 by duncancmartin, on Flickr

I'm going to take it for a little blast tomorrow if I get a chance. I had a bit of a heart stopping moment when neither of the keys would open the fuel filler cap, but it was just stuck, and it worked in the end (little key). So it could do with a drive and then a refill - I assume super unleaded is probably a good idea in these things?
nyssa7
Megaposter

« Reply #21 on: 23 August, 2020, 09:37:41 AM »

Normal unleaded petrol is fine, super would be a waste. GTie very unstressed but plenty of power in a car that weighs in ounces, so 40mpg still the norm when not being silly

Can’t answer about the carpets, only seen those seats on lefties and not sure what carpets were used to match

2000 kappa coupe 20vt
1996 kappa saloon 20vt race car
the "Yntegrale"
1999 Lotus Elise S1
2016 AMG GTS

Y10 Advisor
mikeC
Megaposter

« Reply #22 on: 23 August, 2020, 11:01:59 AM »

I have owned several cars (not Lancias) over the years with original black carpets that have bleached to a light beige/buff colour. Those look like original carpets to me, so your idea of re-dying them sounds good.

1953 Lancia Appia Series 1
1931 Austin Seven deluxe saloon
1914 Saxon Model A roadster

(previously owned Lancias: 1958 Appia Pininfarina coupe, 1987 Delta LX, 1986 Delta cabriolet, 1991 Dedra 1.8, 1993 Dedra 1.6)
Duncan23

« Reply #23 on: 23 August, 2020, 11:20:02 AM »

Thanks Mike, I think that's probably the best plan. And it's free as well. Smiley

I've just been out for a quick blast, and it's so much fun. The pedals are really close together which took a little getting used to, and every time I went over a sharp edged bump the dashboard felt like it was going to fall off, but it just wants you to throw it around corners, and while the steering is heavy at low speed it's great when you are on the move. Would be nice if I could see the speedo (or the rev counter) through the steering wheel, but it's all kph anyway, so it's not a huge amount of use!

Putting the window down gave me quite a strong whiff of petrol - I guess that's got to go above the interior on the list of things to fix. Might just be the exhaust - if I remember properly it was an advisory on the last couple of MOTs. Will have to investigate when I next get half an hour...
Duncan23

« Reply #24 on: 23 August, 2020, 02:15:21 PM »

Can’t answer about the carpets, only seen those seats on lefties and not sure what carpets were used to match
That's a shame, I was hoping that these were standard GTie seats and I might be able to find another drivers seat to replace my worn one. I guess the cloth probably isn't available either (though that would be a massive undertaking as it would have to be done for all seats given how faded they are). Do you know if the LHD seats are different to the RHD ones?

One other interior question - do you know what the little alcantara trim piece above the ashtray is for?  It's been drilled for a dial and is not actually attached to anything on my dash so it's just bouncing around, and I was wondering if it was supposed to have a useful function or if it was just there to fill space.

Thanks
Duncan
Kevinlincs
Permanent resident

« Reply #25 on: 23 August, 2020, 04:29:14 PM »

Those do look nice seats which have faded a huge amount, so very feasible that the carpet would have faded a similar amount.
Just convert it to rhd and you'd have a better drivers seat  Grin

Flavia 815 coupe
Dedra turbo
Delta integrale
eog

« Reply #26 on: 24 August, 2020, 09:17:52 AM »

Perhaps not the most professional way but …
Try a dust coat of black aerosol paint on the carpets, no chance of the dye bleeding and it dries quickly!
Duncan23

« Reply #27 on: 24 August, 2020, 09:30:08 AM »

When I did the 924, I took the seats out and then used a plant sprayer to spray the dye on, then worked it with a sponge (while remembering to wear rubber gloves!). It took a whole weekend to dry, but that wasn't so bad, and it made a big difference. And I have a litre or 2 of dye left, so I could easily do all the carpet in the Y10. It's not top of my priority list though.
nyssa7
Megaposter

« Reply #28 on: 24 August, 2020, 11:02:58 AM »

That's a shame, I was hoping that these were standard GTie seats and I might be able to find another drivers seat to replace my worn one. I guess the cloth probably isn't available either (though that would be a massive undertaking as it would have to be done for all seats given how faded they are). Do you know if the LHD seats are different to the RHD ones?

One other interior question - do you know what the little alcantara trim piece above the ashtray is for?  It's been drilled for a dial and is not actually attached to anything on my dash so it's just bouncing around, and I was wondering if it was supposed to have a useful function or if it was just there to fill space.

Thanks
Duncan

I’m guessing they are standard EU spec GTie seats, all the UK ones I have seen came with the Alcantara seats - shame I just sold my set to Frank 🙀 although I have another set in beige - but they wouldn’t match the grey trim on your dash

It’s just a blanking panel normally, fixed into place and serving no purpose other than filling a gap

2000 kappa coupe 20vt
1996 kappa saloon 20vt race car
the "Yntegrale"
1999 Lotus Elise S1
2016 AMG GTS

Y10 Advisor
m tulloch
Megaposter

« Reply #29 on: 24 August, 2020, 07:06:18 PM »

Thanks Mike, I think that's probably the best plan. And it's free as well. Smiley

I've just been out for a quick blast, and it's so much fun. The pedals are really close together which took a little getting used to, and every time I went over a sharp edged bump the dashboard felt like it was going to fall off, but it just wants you to throw it around corners, and while the steering is heavy at low speed it's great when you are on the move. Would be nice if I could see the speedo (or the rev counter) through the steering wheel, but it's all kph anyway, so it's not a huge amount of use!

Putting the window down gave me quite a strong whiff of petrol - I guess that's got to go above the interior on the list of things to fix. Might just be the exhaust - if I remember properly it was an advisory on the last couple of MOTs. Will have to investigate when I next get half an hour...
If you post up a picture of your dials, I'll look & see whether the instrument binnacle I have could yield you an MPH speedo.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd