Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 04:40:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Castle Combe Autumn Classic 3rd & 4th October  (Read 23032 times)
rikardo
Megaposter

« on: 18 July, 2020, 10:42:22 AM »

This year's event is a 2-day affair, with much the same selection of cars racing and off-track attractions as in previous years.
I would imagine it will be qualifying on the Saturday and racing on the Sunday, but as a timetable has yet to be published, that is no more than a guess.
See here for details
https://castlecombecircuit.co.uk/race-days/autumn-classic-racing-festival
Car clubs can book a patch around the circuit and require a minimum of 4 cars to attend for this access, eg. not in the public car park(s) with the regular punters. I'm awaiting the cost per car/person. When I know this it will be posted on here.
Regards
Richard.

1992 Delta HF integrale
1993 Dedra integrale
and several Alfas
sparehead3
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 18 July, 2020, 03:22:59 PM »

Well done Richard ! It's in my calendar now Smiley
I guess this year we won't be sharing food but will work something out ...
It's always been enjoyable and even more so as it's 'something' to go to ... I notice that there is a 'club admin' area on the website and a 'members area' we can buy our own tickets once you get the code I assume.

Regards,
Steve Pilgrim
rikardo
Megaposter

« Reply #2 on: 22 July, 2020, 10:44:47 PM »

Please see the members only selection "Ticket offers to members" for details on how to purchase ticket(s) for exclusive track-side parking.
Costs are quite varied (and very reasonable it has to be said), so I will leave it up to you to see for yourself and choose accordingly.

http://www.lancia.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=11848.0 - Ticket Offer Link ( will only work for Club Members )
« Last Edit: 24 July, 2020, 11:08:48 AM by sparehead3 » Logged

1992 Delta HF integrale
1993 Dedra integrale
and several Alfas
rikardo
Megaposter

« Reply #3 on: 27 August, 2020, 07:15:48 PM »

Just a note to tell you tickets were not available to purchase recently, that page was not functioning correctly. They are available now, as of 7:40pm Thursday 27 August, I just checked. My apologies if this has frustrated you, but Im quite sure I can say, it wasnt my fault.
As to what the problem was, I dont know, or how long its been dud, it was only brought to my attention last night during the Bristol LMC Group on-line meeting. I sent an email to CC immediately after our meeting (to an address that is now not recognised/undeliverable) to enquire, then found one that didnt bounce back, but no reply as yet.

The deadline for ticket purchases is 31 August. I pointed that out to CC in my email and consequently suggested that they should delay that date due to this problem. Hopefully they will reply soon. When they do I will update this Topic with whatever relevant updated information they provide. I will call them pm tomorrow - Friday 28 August - if they have still not responded.

Regards
Richard.

1992 Delta HF integrale
1993 Dedra integrale
and several Alfas
Chris Hopkins
Librarian
Megaposter

« Reply #4 on: 28 August, 2020, 08:30:10 AM »

I have bought my Club Senior Weekend ticket on line this morning so see you all there.

Chris Hopkins
1971 Fulvia Berlina S2
1973 Fulvia Sport 1600
2011 Delta 3 Limited
2012 Ypsilon 1.2 Limited Edition
rikardo
Megaposter

« Reply #5 on: 28 August, 2020, 11:59:03 AM »

So then, as things stand at 12:30pm Friday 28 August, the ticket purchase deadline is still Monday 31 August. There are currently no plans to extend this, despite the reasons I stated earlier, but I was asked to keep an eye on the website in case this is changed. If so, I will update you here.

FYI The ticket selection page of the web-site was "down" from Monday to Thursday morning (I was advised), so if you attempted to buy one (or more) then, now you know why you couldnt.

I also feel I should make you aware that there is a "stealth tax" (ie booking fee) of £2.49 added to your chosen ticket cost. This "extra" isnt shown on the ticket selection page, only when you go to your Basket to Checkout. Dont get me started on how many times I come across this! However, this does of course include postage of your tickets to you first class and is per transaction not per ticket, so its not unduly excessive.

The Senior type of ticket is for those of you who are 65+.

There is now a bit more detail as to what is racing and when. See here
https://castlecombecircuit.co.uk/shows/autumn-classic-racing-festival/03/10/2020/races

Regards
Richard.

« Last Edit: 31 August, 2020, 01:29:54 PM by rikardo » Logged

1992 Delta HF integrale
1993 Dedra integrale
and several Alfas
rikardo
Megaposter

« Reply #6 on: 04 September, 2020, 09:49:38 AM »

Ticket purchase deadline has been extended to Monday 7 September.

I would like to remind you that there is no general public admission to this (or any other) Castle Combe event this year, so turning up on the day will be a wasted journey. Consequently, if you'd like to attend, please purchase your ticket(s) by the close of play on the date mentioned above using the link(s) above.

Regards,
Richard.

1992 Delta HF integrale
1993 Dedra integrale
and several Alfas
Jaydub
Megaposter

« Reply #7 on: 17 September, 2020, 07:39:25 PM »

I am puzzled by the fact that Car Clubs are able to buy tickets? How is this possible, as I will be there as one of the Race Car preparers and we have been told that spectators are not permitted, so why are Car Clubs allowed in?
 How does that work and what are the car owners going to do all day?
 Face coverings must be worn at all times by everyone in the paddock and enclosed areas if you didn`t already know.

Hopefully you can attend and enjoy the day, but I was just wondering.

1600 HF. S2.
rikardo
Megaposter

« Reply #8 on: 21 September, 2020, 03:05:08 PM »

I can only presume that because Castle Combe know the precise number of Car Club Members attending (by ticket sales), the event can be better controlled in some fashion or other. Also that hopefully everybody attending will behave themselves! We will certainly. I can offer no other explanation.
The AROC Southern Alfa Day went ahead at Stonor Park on 19 September as far as I know, so car events are still happening.
However, this event is just under 2 weeks away and things may deteriorate. For the time being, the CC web-site shows the event as still on schedule.

Regards,
Richard.

(Unfortunately, Ive just discovered that the NEC Classic Car Show has been "cancelled" this year.)

1992 Delta HF integrale
1993 Dedra integrale
and several Alfas
Jaydub
Megaposter

« Reply #9 on: 21 September, 2020, 07:08:15 PM »

Thanks for the reply Richard. If I get time between qualifying and race , I will try to come and find you.

Best
John

1600 HF. S2.
rikardo
Megaposter

« Reply #10 on: 23 September, 2020, 03:44:25 PM »

What race-car are you preping and in which race/races John? Maybe "we" might see you in the Paddock, if you dont find us first of course.
As theres access all 'round the track to spectate, "we" often wonder out-and-about to watch the racing.
I havent received my ticket yet (theyre cutting it fine with the 2/3 week delivery statement!) so I dont know where "our" spot will be. Ill let you know on here.

Ive now spotted that there are "limited" public admission tickets available to purchase on the web-site. Very strange, as it clearly states that all events are closed to spectators. I dont think the left hand knows what the right hand is doing!

Regards,
Richard.

1992 Delta HF integrale
1993 Dedra integrale
and several Alfas
Jaydub
Megaposter

« Reply #11 on: 23 September, 2020, 07:37:39 PM »

Hi Richard, it`s a KIEFT Formula Junior single seater, silver, Number 39. Qualifying is at 10.45 and Race at 15.30 on Saturday. Come and introduce yourself.
Cheers
John

1600 HF. S2.
rikardo
Megaposter

« Reply #12 on: 24 September, 2020, 10:50:57 PM »

Hi John (and fellow Club Members attending).
Having today received my car pass, ticket and other info for the weekend, I/we are not allowed access to the race paddock, including the Cafe and the shop.
We are to enter at the Red Gate - Camp Entrance and all the Car Clubs appear to be situated between Westway and Camp Entrance.
Here is a circuit map to show things more clearly
http://www.ritech-systems.com/pictures/928/trackday/Circuit/circuit.html
Whether you can visit us I dont know, presumably you have that information in your paperwork.

There is no mention of restricted access around the circuit to watch the racing, so I hope we can still do so, following the perimeter foot-path as normal.

Having not attended a single car event this entire year, I sincerely hope this isnt pulled at the last minute, that would really frustrate, so fingers crossed. Also hoping for a dry day!

Regards,
Richard.
« Last Edit: 25 September, 2020, 09:58:41 AM by rikardo » Logged

1992 Delta HF integrale
1993 Dedra integrale
and several Alfas
Jaydub
Megaposter

« Reply #13 on: 25 September, 2020, 01:56:57 PM »

Thanks Richard, fingers crossed it goes ahead. I think it might be a wet one!
Cheers
John

1600 HF. S2.
rikardo
Megaposter

« Reply #14 on: 30 September, 2020, 09:20:56 AM »

Here is the latest from CC sent to me via email. Those of you attending should also receive this and/or a letter.

Good Morning,

I hope this email finds you well during this difficult time.

As you are aware there have unfortunately been a number of changes to this years event to unable us to be able to manage and run a safe and enjoyable day. These changes have not been taken lightly and have been made in conjunction with the various parties and the governing body Motorsport UK.

I would like to reiterate these to you so that you can pass them on to club members again. They have been informed by letter but we have had some messages via Facebook etc. advising that they might be unclear.

One of the most important things is that anyone in a LOCK DOWN/RESTRICTED TRAVEL AREA, must not be attending. We will offer a full refund if they contact us directly before the weekend.

Key Points -

The main race paddock is out of bounds to anyone who is not competing. The competitors must not leave this area and the public/clubs etc. must not enter that area. This is a strict guideline under Motorsport UK guidance who are the governing body and security will be in place
The club area is in Camp towards Tower, with access via the RED GATE on both days. All club areas will be marked out as per every year with staff on hand to assist where appropriate
Club members DO NOT need to stay on their pitches. They are free to move around and spectate anywhere between Camp and Quarry but will not be able to walk between the paddock and Chippenham Road. We ask that they observe and maintain the social distancing rules
If you have a gazebo or an area for congregating, then you must manage it that there are not more than 6 people
Due to government restrictions and guidance, passengers should be from the same household. This is down to each club member to manage their safety and responsibility and we will NOT be checking peoples address on the gate or removing people from cars
There is not a physical printed programme this year but there will be a FREE online programme
The Café and Circuit Shop unfortunately are in the race paddock and not accessible
There are food outlets open throughout the site
All public toilets will be open and maintained throughout the event
Public admission tickets are currently on sale and they will be taken off sale Friday at 12.00. The public will be free to look at the club cars
You do not need to wear a mask at all times but when you are unable to maintain social distancing as well as going into the toilets (this sentence seems incomplete)

If any of your club members are unhappy with any of the changes and feel that the event is not for them this year, then they need to contact me immediately to arrange a refund. It has been an incredibly difficult time for the Circuit and Racing Club and we are doing everything possible to run a smooth and safe event for all.

If you have any other questions or queries then please do not hesitate to contact me

Kind Regards

Tom Davis
Castle Combe Circuit Ltd
Castle Combe
Chippenham
Wiltshire
SN14 7EY

1992 Delta HF integrale
1993 Dedra integrale
and several Alfas
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print