Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 October, 2020, 12:43:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Electric Fulvia  (Read 617 times)
GeoffJohnson

« on: 08 July, 2020, 02:15:33 PM »

I have just got round to watching a couple of episodes of "Vintage Voltage" that I'd recorded. The series is about converting classic cars to electric power at considerable expense. The first two episodes showed a Karmann Ghia VW (£30K) and a Fiat 500. On the list for future programmes is a Fulvia Coupe which I may have to watch from behind the sofa.
If you're interested the show can be found on Quest, Freeview channel 12 on Thursdays at 9pm

Geoff Johnson
Neil
Rebel Poster

« Reply #1 on: 08 July, 2020, 03:07:54 PM »

At the London Classic car Show in February there was a company who converted a Ferrari and FIAT 500 which they had on their stand who had completed a Fulvia too, it may be the same car, I believe it came from Ireland to be done, the cost was pretty high from memory.  Might be interesting even from behind the sofa!

Neil   

1973 Fulvia S2 1.3
MattK

« Reply #2 on: 08 July, 2020, 04:09:02 PM »

Spoiler alert!
I asked about this as I spotted it on Twitter earlier in the year.
They used a Hyper 9 motor, https://www.electricclassiccars.co.uk/motors/test-product via an adapter plate onto the original gearbox. 42kWh battery pack (16 LG Chem batteries) and a 7kW charge system. The brakes and suspension were also upgraded to take the weight.
Range apparently up to 150 miles on a charge, depending on driving style and conditions.
Price for conversion was in the region of £55k!
Cheers
Matt
frankxhv773t
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 08 July, 2020, 05:32:37 PM »

I didn't realise electric cars ran through a gear box or does it just run in one gear and reverse.
MattK

« Reply #4 on: 08 July, 2020, 06:44:34 PM »

I think that they connect the electric motor to the gearbox as its an easier adaptation Geoff.
Paul Johnson

« Reply #5 on: 18 August, 2020, 09:21:39 PM »

Iíve been waiting for the Fulvia episode to be broadcast, but after 7 episodes the series appears to have stopped.
Anyone any idea of when ? If?
Paul

1972 Fulvia S2
MattK

« Reply #6 on: 16 September, 2020, 11:24:45 AM »

Hi Paul
Yes likewise, but as you say, for some reason the show has stopped.
Will let you know if it reappears.
Cheers
Matt
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2018 Lancia Motor Club Ltd