Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 02:45:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Electric Fulvia  (Read 7107 times)
DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« Reply #15 on: 11 January, 2021, 07:26:14 PM »

For what it is I liked it.  Looked as if what's done could be reversed.  Its not a very good "electric car" and its only 50% of "a Fulvia" but without knowing the particular situation of the client who are we to judge if "pointless" or "a waste" or whatever else?

If the choice was "no classic car" or an "electric classic car" which would it be? 

If the choice is "leave it in dad's barn" or "convert it for the school run" which would it be?

David Laver, Lewisham.
poppy67

« Reply #16 on: 12 January, 2021, 05:12:03 PM »

IMHO :- The owners father Gerry certainly had a southern Ireland accent & both the Thema/Fulvia were registered on southern Irish plates.
All classic cars are to be registered on ZV plates for tax purposes.

I prefer things to be left original, with the smell/oil/noise/pollution & no doubt trouble, that's just how it should be.

Please feel free to correct me if I am mistaken.
S.
DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« Reply #17 on: 13 January, 2021, 05:21:49 PM »

"That's just how it should be".   

I'm not so sure...and would rather see electric classics driving round London (etc) than not see any. 

Something I've heard more than once is that "electric classics" are popular with people who wouldn't otherwise run "a classic".  Some of that is dependability fear.  Some might be fashion, or petrol being out of fashion. Pollution does kill (we're walking distance from where the girl in the test case lived), and climate change is an issue.

There's always been the "should they be modified at all" and "should they be restored at all" debate.  Where to draw the line?   Is it ok to fit electronic ignition?  Electric fuel pump?  Electric fan?  Fuel injection ok?  Swap an 1100 for a 1300?  Swap a 1600 for a 1300?  Make a 1300 look like a 1600?  Fit an electric motor to the original gearbox?  Put in a Tesla drive train? 

To me "its a modification" and am grateful that's still legal, but I like kit cars and replicas and hot rods and racers...

David Laver, Lewisham.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd