Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
19 March, 2024, 07:03:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ardea coming up for sale in Italy  (Read 3071 times)
higgsy 45

« on: 28 May, 2020, 10:50:02 AM »

More info added at bottom. Dale

I received this message from my pal in Genoa who helped me purchase my Augusta;  Hi Dale, first of all I hope that you all are well.

I am writing you because a friend of mine is selling his very nice Lancia Ardea in more than reasonable good conditions. It has got new Michelin vintage tires, new battery and new coil.

It has a blue Lancia colour and a number plate TO which means Torino where was the Lancia factory ( I understand that this  is more important for an Italian buyer since in UK you must

change it). Fanny that it has GB written in its back. The request it is around 17500 £.

If you or a friend of yours is interested the car is in Genoa and I can assist for what I can do.

I am sending you some photos.

Best regards, Renzo

Hello Dale, and thanks for your email

In respect of your questions:

Year of car;         1948
What Series;     2nd Series  (actually 2nd 1/2 series: i.e. the last batch of 1,300 cars with the 3rd Series engine and 12V electricals)
4 or 5 speed gearbox;   4 speed (5 is from 3rd onwards)
Total KM shown;    non meaningful, since I changed the odometer, I suspect less than 100,000
Any idea of previous owners or history; the car was originally commissioned in Milan, then transerred to Turin in early fifties (hence the number plate) and had quite a long history of owners (I have the historical log). In 2005 was acquired by the President of Genoa Veteran Car Club and kept idle in his Lancia collection
How long has you friend owned the car;        I purchase the car from him in July 2017
Mechanical condition;         good and usable. I never experienced reliability issues despite a regular driving every weekend on mountain roads
        I'm honest to say that cosmetically it is not perfect. I suspect it was probably refurbished some 20 years ago. Internal cockpict is in very nice condition. I deactivated the mechanical direction lights and replaced with new ones on the bumpers.   
Details of any work done to car;
 a general refresh after the fiteen years of storage (new tyres, replace electrical cablings, mount a manual throttle, additional high beam lamps for night driving, new silent blocks (to eliminate shimmy over 70Kmh), new wind screen (I still have the original, in case), new odometer
plus accurate regular maintenance (mineral engine oil), liquids

To make a long story short: It is a very nice and usable car, not ready for elegance concours, but able to attend time trials and Lancia meetings (I won a cople of prizes). Safe for long distance traveling.
As a matter of fact, my priority was more to have a safely usable car than an exhibition car.
In addition, it sports a Turin plate (where it was built) and it is one of the only 1,300 cars of the 2nd 1/2 series.

I deeply regret to separate from her, but life is done of up and downs and, unfortunately, the Covid pandemic cast a spell on my job (I'm working in a cruise line, as well as my son and my daughter in law). So we trying to shrink at a minimum our family expenses. Due to that need, I'm asking a price lower than I paid for her + the additional works. Anyway, I'd be happy to know that she could enjoy a second life in the hands of an amateur.

Feel free to contact me for any further question you may have

Kind regards

Luigi

« Last Edit: 29 May, 2020, 06:59:07 PM by higgsy 45 » Logged
Neil
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 28 May, 2020, 10:54:50 AM »

Dale, with a period RAC badge on the front too.

Neil   

1973 Fulvia S2 1.3
higgsy 45

« Reply #2 on: 28 May, 2020, 11:59:51 AM »

Hi Neil

Typical; Mr non observant! Thats a nice one.
lancialulu
Press Officer
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 28 May, 2020, 12:03:15 PM »

I am with the AA so not for me thanks....Looks nice though.

Its not the winning but taking part! or is it taking apart?
Lancias:
1955 Aurelia B12
1967 Fulvia 1.3HFR
1972 Fulvia 1600HF
1972 Fulvia Sport 1600
1983 HPE VX
1988 Delta 1.6GTie
1998 Zeta 21.  12v
higgsy 45

« Reply #4 on: 28 May, 2020, 12:53:09 PM »

Hi Tim
Hope all well with you
Been trying to attach a photo thought I'd got it down below the data limit but not so, will email it to you.
Cheers. Dale
Neil
Permanent resident

« Reply #5 on: 28 May, 2020, 12:55:51 PM »

I am with the AA so not for me thanks....Looks nice though.
Tim, you could always change the badge!

Neil   

1973 Fulvia S2 1.3
Sliding Pillar
Permanent resident

« Reply #6 on: 28 May, 2020, 01:01:21 PM »

No need to go to Italy to buy an Ardea, you could have the ex-motor show, ex-Steady Barker original English car for the same sort of money and it has a rebuilt engine.

1955 Aurelia
1961 Lamborghini
higgsy 45

« Reply #7 on: 28 May, 2020, 01:51:09 PM »

Car looked good in the photos but I have no details other than what was on the message
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd