Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 03:28:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Aurel - 1 complete set of new unused competition springs for sale  (Read 3197 times)
chriswgawne
Permanent resident

« on: 06 April, 2020, 10:56:32 AM »

I have 2 front and 2 rear new, unused coil springs for irs B20's which are stiffer and slightly shorter than standard.
These are a spare set I had made for my 3rd Series B20 which I successfully raced for many years and are to a spec provided by a well known retired B20 racer and also used today by the Kennedys.
The wire diameter is slightly increased from standard and the result is that the car sits slightly lower and the ride is slightly stiffer but not enough to make the ride uncomfortable on the road. The roadholding and ride on a circuit at speed is hugely improved by this modification.
£180 incl UK delivery.

Chris Gawne
Mobile: 07778 216552
DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 06 April, 2020, 01:23:18 PM »

There's a photo of me in an edition of Motor Sport with the car rolling like a van.  Jason and Louise corner flat.

David Laver, Lewisham.
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 07 April, 2020, 08:15:07 AM »

Hello David, 'rolling like a van'. That reminds me of being a passenger in your Aurelia around Goodwood. Alarming roll! The springs being offered sound good.

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
chriswgawne
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 07 April, 2020, 03:13:19 PM »

These are now sold.
Chris

Chris Gawne
Mobile: 07778 216552
DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« Reply #4 on: 07 April, 2020, 03:35:42 PM »

Richard - were you there for brake fade or is my memory playing tricks?  A less used line sufficed.

David Laver, Lewisham.
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #5 on: 07 April, 2020, 04:53:43 PM »

It was the LMC track day around 1995?? I don't remember any brake fade? It was around that time when an Aurelia could still be seen in Lewisham, parked in the street (unlocked?) I expect the trackday photographers have some pictures of the degree of roll at the chicane?

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« Reply #6 on: 07 April, 2020, 06:21:34 PM »

I didn't lock it as I didn't want a window broken.  I don't think Simon locked it as a student in Liverpool.

David Laver, Lewisham.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd