Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 12:17:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Great Northern Weekend 2021 - CANCELLED  (Read 3345 times)
Paul Greenway
Megaposter

« on: 18 March, 2020, 03:19:46 PM »

All,

Please find below the revised date for this years postponed event. Sorry there is no folder for 2021 events yet but just so I don't forget & until one becomes available I will place here in the interim.

Great Northern Weekend 2021: Lancashire- 7th to 9th May 2021

Following the cancellation of this years event due to the coronavirus epidemic, we have booked the event for next year at the same venue.

The 34th GNW to be held at the Wrightington Hotel, Moss Lane, Wrightington. WN6 9PB which is conveniently situated just off junction 27 off the M6 Motorway Standish/Parbold exit, 210 miles from London & 200 miles from Glasgow. This recently refurbished Hotel is booking up quickly and is a fantastic venue with top notch food and hospitality.

We have managed to secure 40 rooms in the first instance and it would be excellent if we could fill them all. Further rooms will be released if required and where available.  There is a large car park where there is opportunity to cordon off a Lancia only section.

The price has been held at £287 which includes two nights bed & breakfast plus a 3 course gala dinner with coffee/tea on the Saturday evening. Should you wish to stay for the Saturday night only the cost is £182 including DBB.  The cost for a single room two nights bed & breakfast plus a 3 course gala dinner with coffee/tea on the Saturday evening is £208.50 or for the Saturday only £123.50 for one night Dinner/BB.  There are a number of family rooms and also a small number of rooms on the ground floor available- please specify at time of booking. There is also full use of the leisure facilities (Spa treatments are available, but must be booked separately with reception in advance to avoid disappointment).

Bookings should be made directly with the hotel on 01257 425803, quoting new reference GA03586 (no deposit is required at this time.) This is the best available rate and will not be bettered by any internet sites. The full payment is to be made two weeks prior to the event. Please also email Paul (see below) in the first instance following your booking as we require to know numbers for organising/purchasing event packs & gifts and will also be sending out menu choices for the gala dinner shortly too. additionally please let me know of likely car(s) you intend to bring to the event.

We will follow the successful format for the weekend with a couple of alternative touring rallies planned for the Saturday to take in some of the hidden scenery that Lancashire has to offer or for the more adventurous a combination of both. There will also be a couple of quizzes to get your brains ticking and the usual goody bag!

Although the event now seems far away, please book again soon to avoid disappointment. In order to organise all logistics, final numbers are required before 1st April 2021, please assist by booking before this deadline. Further information and menus will be sent out to all those who have emailed Paul  in due course.

We do hope to see all the regulars plus new faces there too.

If you haven't experienced a GNW before, you don't know what you are missing, so please come along, they are a fantastic opportunity to meet up with old friends and meet new ones too, whom share a common interest in our wonderful marque and have a relaxing weekend being waited on in lovely surroundings. Remember no deposit is required until two weeks before the event, we look forward to your company.

Kind regards,

Paul & Claire Greenway
« Last Edit: 13 March, 2021, 03:32:15 PM by sparehead3 » Logged

1972 Fulvia Sport 1600

Previous- 78 Montecarlo, 83 HPE VX, 88 integrale, 89 Delta GTie, 90 Y10GTie, 90 Dedra 2.0ieSE, 91 HF Turbo, 91 integrale 16v, 09 Thesis Centenario, 12 Delta 2.0M-J
Neil
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 23 February, 2021, 04:48:17 PM »

In light of the government Covid easing announcements on Monday, is this event likely to take place in May?

Neil   

1973 Fulvia S2 1.3
Paul Greenway
Megaposter

« Reply #2 on: 23 February, 2021, 09:33:07 PM »

In light of the government Covid easing announcements on Monday, is this event likely to take place in May?

For obvious unfortunate reasons the event is looking increasingly unlikely, however until I can confirm this I was holding off announcing this until the middle of March. The Hotel is currently closed with all enquiries on an answering service, the saving grace is that no deposits have been taken that I am aware off.
The governments guidelines as far as I understand currently dictate that hotels will remain closed until June which is beyond the scheduled GNW event date.
Before mid March I will speak to someone within the hotel management structure (don't know whom yet as most on furlough) and discuss suitable dates for next year and will keep everyone updated once I know more, thanks.

Paul.

1972 Fulvia Sport 1600

Previous- 78 Montecarlo, 83 HPE VX, 88 integrale, 89 Delta GTie, 90 Y10GTie, 90 Dedra 2.0ieSE, 91 HF Turbo, 91 integrale 16v, 09 Thesis Centenario, 12 Delta 2.0M-J
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 24 February, 2021, 03:46:06 PM »

For obvious unfortunate reasons the event is looking increasingly unlikely, however until I can confirm this I was holding off announcing this until the middle of March. The Hotel is currently closed with all enquiries on an answering service, the saving grace is that no deposits have been taken that I am aware off.
The governments guidelines as far as I understand currently dictate that hotels will remain closed until June which is beyond the scheduled GNW event date.
Before mid March I will speak to someone within the hotel management structure (don't know whom yet as most on furlough) and discuss suitable dates for next year and will keep everyone updated once I know more, thanks.

Paul.
Thanks  Paul.
Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
Paul Greenway
Megaposter

« Reply #4 on: 12 March, 2021, 09:06:34 PM »

Sorry all but it comes as no surprise considering the current Covid 19 situation that the 2021 GNW has unfortunately has yet again had to be cancelled. Apologies for the relatively late notice but I was secretly hoping it could still somehow go ahead.
I am working on dates for next year and will inform all once known at the earliest opportunity. Luckily I don't believe any deposits have been taken. Can't really expand at the moment until more is known.

Cheers all,

Paul.

1972 Fulvia Sport 1600

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd