Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 02:08:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rallye S servo  (Read 1967 times)
simonpen

« on: 15 March, 2020, 03:24:56 PM »

Things go from bad to worse of course. We have dropped the sub-frame out of my Rallye S and now I can see that the pipes from the master cylinder to the servo have been cut. The car has the wrong master cylinder, I have bought a new one. The only diagram for the brakes pipework I can find in my manual is for a Sedan, It looks as if the servo only acts on the front wheels, is this so? Any info gratefully received.

1969 Rallye 1.3S
nistri
Megaposter

« Reply #1 on: 17 March, 2020, 02:51:42 PM »

On the rally S the servo works only on the front calipers. It is the same servo found on contemporary Alfo Romeo Giulia and so far available from stockists (try Alfa suppliers if necessary, you might just to change the support bracket). The general arrangement is the same for the GTE sedan and the rally S although the latter sometimes has the servo mounted on the LH side (near the oil cooler). If you are overhauling a servo of this type, replace the seals in the servo pluger/cylinder after making a diagram of their assembly. Bleeding might be cumbersome and needs the engine running (to get servo help) and bleeding at the servo union nuts before moving to the calipers. Note that the brake compensator may also have a bleed nipple. Andrea

* rally S brakes.jpg (96.1 KB, 1276x736 - viewed 235 times.)

Andrea Nistri

Ardea S2
Appia S2
Fulvia GTE
Fulvia Sport 1.3 S
Fulvia Montecarlo
Fulvia Coupe 1.3 S
simonpen

« Reply #2 on: 17 March, 2020, 05:04:25 PM »

Thankyou Andrea. I do have a rebuild kit for the servo which is mounted in the nearside wing.

1969 Rallye 1.3S
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd