Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
29 March, 2024, 09:30:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VIN number Fulvia Coupè 1.3S SII 1972  (Read 3563 times)
lafulvia
Lapsed

Old Lancista

« on: 02 March, 2020, 01:34:36 PM »

Good afternoon,
I have been having problems finding the embossed chassis number where it is supposed to be. I believe it was sprayed over at some point. A bit lax on my part, as I should have checked better at the time of the first inspection, but there it is. It is not provided fully on the last Italian reg. document as I would have thought.
My question is: is there a way to inquire as to what the number is? I presume it would have to be possible by contacting the relative Italian registry office. Any help?
lancialulu
Press Officer
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 02 March, 2020, 02:22:06 PM »

It should be stamped on the bonnet rain gutter that runs parallel to the windscreen on the UK drivers side. Should be able to make out the stamping with a mirror. There should be also a plate on the inner wing again drivers side aft of the centre mounting.

Getting information out of a PRA local licensing office is unlikely Or extremely difficult unless you have local help, and if your information is incomplete then in reality 99% unlikely they will help. Unfortunately FCA Heritage have no records for Filvia production too.

Its not the winning but taking part! or is it taking apart?
Lancias:
1955 Aurelia B12
1967 Fulvia 1.3HFR
1972 Fulvia 1600HF
1972 Fulvia Sport 1600
1983 HPE VX
1988 Delta 1.6GTie
1998 Zeta 21.  12v
nistri
Megaposter

« Reply #2 on: 03 March, 2020, 07:40:02 AM »

If you know the Italian registration number, and if your seller is willing to help you, he/she can go to the local ACI office (in any town) and ask for a "visura", namely an official certificate for the car record. Cost is less than 15 euro and normally available in under one week. Good luck. Andrea

Andrea Nistri

Ardea S2
Appia S2
Fulvia GTE
Fulvia Sport 1.3 S
Fulvia Montecarlo
Fulvia Coupe 1.3 S
lafulvia
Lapsed

Old Lancista

« Reply #3 on: 06 March, 2020, 12:02:53 PM »

Thank you Lancialulu, and grazie Andrea. found it!
So close and yet so far! I did manage to find it after opening the bonnet to the max. I knew it should have been there but just couldn't get the reading angle right! I knew it was actually on the blue "targhetta di identificazione" inside the engine bay but I just wanted to make sure.

Incidentally, the V5C has the wrong engine number for some reason (818303...) which should be 818302 ... Should I worry about this or leave it? The numbers following are also totally incorrect and I'm sure I didn't supply them.

Anyway, hope to see you at Goodwood for the track day. Please make yourselves known if you see the car in the photo.
Cheers.
Alec

* IMG_0499.jpg (322.4 KB, 1440x881 - viewed 325 times.)
« Last Edit: 06 March, 2020, 12:17:08 PM by lafulvia » Logged
lancialulu
Press Officer
Permanent resident

« Reply #4 on: 06 March, 2020, 12:56:42 PM »

Glad you found it.

Your car should have a 303 engine but if the engine number stamped on the flywheel near the starter motor say MOT 818302 xxxxx then you probably had an engine change. Fulvias dont exactly have "matching numbers" but the chassis # should be close to the engine number.

BTW the car looks very nice! I will be at the track with Sarah and "Wilber" our 1600HF (white with a stripe!) for the day running round....

Its not the winning but taking part! or is it taking apart?
Lancias:
1955 Aurelia B12
1967 Fulvia 1.3HFR
1972 Fulvia 1600HF
1972 Fulvia Sport 1600
1983 HPE VX
1988 Delta 1.6GTie
1998 Zeta 21.  12v
lafulvia
Lapsed

Old Lancista

« Reply #5 on: 09 March, 2020, 12:13:35 PM »

Glad you found it.

Your car should have a 303 engine but if the engine number stamped on the flywheel near the starter motor say MOT 818302 xxxxx then you probably had an engine change. Fulvias dont exactly have "matching numbers" but the chassis # should be close to the engine number.

BTW the car looks very nice! I will be at the track with Sarah and "Wilber" our 1600HF (white with a stripe!) for the day running round....

Thank you for this, I will look into it. What do you mean "close to the engine number"? I have had no evidence of an engine change so far, unfortunately as the restorer died and the company closed I have been unsuccessful in tracing any detail of the work done. I am reliably informed that the recommissioning work after it had been stored for almost 30 years has been relatively light to the point that the paint is likely the original one apart from some possible touch ups. So as I said, I will look into this where possible.
See you at Goodwood.
« Last Edit: 09 March, 2020, 12:18:15 PM by lafulvia » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd