Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
19 March, 2024, 05:43:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Removing bodywork trim  (Read 1641 times)
simonpen

« on: 13 February, 2020, 06:01:07 PM »

I, or rather the car, has some rust behind the stainless trim which runs around the headlights and along the front of the car just above the bumper. I know that this is held on with clips but is it possible to remove it without ruining it? If so, how? Thankyou

1969 Rallye 1.3S
my69S1

« Reply #1 on: 13 February, 2020, 08:06:33 PM »

I removed all the trim on my S1 recently and there were no clips.  It is a press fit.  Check the underside of the trim at the ends (and maybe in the middle) and you may see a tiny screw.  Remove these and then use a plastic (better) or wood wedge to push the trim off the lip.  Start at the end.  Pry a little and then move down a bit and pry again.  You will see the trim start to pull away.  Once the one end is free you can use your hand to pull and the wedge to help get the remainder off.  Don't force it or you'll bend the trim.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd