Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 12:02:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dedra turbo L148 SWS  (Read 16022 times)
Kevinlincs
Permanent resident

« on: 29 January, 2020, 09:43:39 PM »

I've been pointed towards a Dedra turbo L148 SWS that is offered sale as a restoration project, hasn't been tested for a few years but not an age, condition from the pictures I've been sent shows rusty rear arches and front strut top towers, a few dents but interior looks decent.
I'd like to save it, had a very nice white 1.8 years ago followed by a red turbo, which my friend Jim still owns.

Does anybody know anything of L148?
A car like that would surely have been owned by a club member at some point...

Flavia 815 coupe
Dedra turbo
Delta integrale
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 29 January, 2020, 11:38:44 PM »

I've been pointed towards a Dedra turbo L148 SWS that is offered sale as a restoration project, hasn't been tested for a few years but not an age, condition from the pictures I've been sent shows rusty rear arches and front strut top towers, a few dents but interior looks decent.
I'd like to save it, had a very nice white 1.8 years ago followed by a red turbo, which my friend Jim still owns.

Hi Kevin,
I'll have to check my old records or photos, as I think it might have belonged to Stuart Harvey from Norwich.
Stuart has always been a very fastidious owner who always had things done correctly.
What colour is it.
If you do get it I have still got my Dedra Manuals etc, but much of it is on load to Richard Carr who bought the ex Chris Hopkins Dedra integrale.
I'll have a look tomorrow.
Brian
8227  Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
frankxhv773t
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 29 January, 2020, 11:47:51 PM »

Also the rear wings are readily detachable, even though it doesn't look like it, so that helps with repairs.
Kevinlincs
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 29 January, 2020, 11:52:52 PM »

Hi Kevin,
I'll have to check my old records or photos, as I think it might have belonged to Stuart Harvey from Norwich.
Stuart has always been a very fastidious owner who always had things done correctly.
What colour is it.
If you do get it I have still got my Dedra Manuals etc, but much of it is on load to Richard Carr who bought the ex Chris Hopkins Dedra integrale.
I'll have a look tomorrow.
Brian
8227  Cool

The car is black Brian, in the Norfolk area still so more than feasible that it could be that one...

Flavia 815 coupe
Dedra turbo
Delta integrale
Kevinlincs
Permanent resident

« Reply #4 on: 29 January, 2020, 11:58:53 PM »

Also the rear wings are readily detachable, even though it doesn't look like it, so that helps with repairs.

I'd noticed they had cap screws on the Dedras' I'd has Frank, guessing they'll also be bonded on?
Good idea about removing them if possible.
I welded up an Alfa 155 last year which had gone similarly, basically the same car as I'm sure you know, the water had gotten into the seam sealer and rotted the steel so much the whole inner wheel arch was detached from the boot floor all along both sides. By the look of the pictures this Dedra won't be any better!

Always had a soft spot for the Dedra, very much under-rated car in my mind. Be great to have another even if it means more work  Grin

Flavia 815 coupe
Dedra turbo
Delta integrale
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #5 on: 30 January, 2020, 10:33:12 AM »

I'd noticed they had cap screws on the Dedras' I'd has Frank, guessing they'll also be bonded on?
Good idea about removing them if possible.
I welded up an Alfa 155 last year which had gone similarly, basically the same car as I'm sure you know, the water had gotten into the seam sealer and rotted the steel so much the whole inner wheel arch was detached from the boot floor all along both sides. By the look of the pictures this Dedra won't be any better!

Always had a soft spot for the Dedra, very much under-rated car in my mind. Be great to have another even if it means more work  Grin
Despite what the workshop manual says you can remove rear wings without taking out the rear window.
It should have a sunroof and the rear drain tubes get misplaced so the water runs into thrle boot, hence the floors rotting out.
Brian
8227  Cool

Dedra Technical Adviser
frankxhv773t
Permanent resident

« Reply #6 on: 30 January, 2020, 01:32:01 PM »

Evidence or rear wing removability.

* Dedra rear inner wing.jpg (906.86 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 364 times.)
lancialulu
Press Officer
Permanent resident

« Reply #7 on: 30 January, 2020, 02:00:24 PM »

that reg is not know to the club

Its not the winning but taking part! or is it taking apart?
Lancias:
1955 Aurelia B12
1967 Fulvia 1.3HFR
1972 Fulvia 1600HF
1972 Fulvia Sport 1600
1983 HPE VX
1988 Delta 1.6GTie
1998 Zeta 21.  12v
Kevinlincs
Permanent resident

« Reply #8 on: 30 January, 2020, 10:24:47 PM »

Evidence or rear wing removability.

That's certainly proof it will come off Frank, is it removable without damaging it?

Going to view the car on Saturday, which as we all know "view" means "buy"  Grin Despite the known issues It'd need to have something else seriously wrong for me not to buy it...  

Like when I got the Y10, it's the thrill of saving a car from the brink of becoming lost forever. Not that the Y10 was that bad, but the Dedra has so far eluded being broken for spares, especially to donate its' engine...
« Last Edit: 30 January, 2020, 10:27:12 PM by Kevinlincs » Logged

Flavia 815 coupe
Dedra turbo
Delta integrale
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #9 on: 31 January, 2020, 12:05:22 AM »

that reg is not know to the club
Tim,
In 2017 I tried to assist a new forum member with his query regarding parts for the ex Stuart Harvey car, the new owner had been informed that Stuart had owned it, after he bought it off eBay, he did however say when he bought it it had been off the road since 2008, and that he wanted to restore it, but as he hasn't been a forum member since 2017, so it seems he probably had a change of mind.
Just off to search my pc for old photos of it to confirm it's the same vehicle.
Brian
8227  Cool

Dedra Technical Adviser
frankxhv773t
Permanent resident

« Reply #10 on: 31 January, 2020, 10:20:34 AM »

No damage in removing and replacing. This one had suffered a bang from a stone wall after slipping on tricky ice. It was basically a spanner job and not complicated. I can even put you in touch with the chap that did it if you want reassurance.

* Dedra rear wing.jpg (984.43 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 334 times.)
eog

« Reply #11 on: 31 January, 2020, 11:27:31 AM »

Just had a look at MOT history, while it has had advisory notes no fails, all pass from March 2007 to 2013.
Mileage over this time 118500 to 139000

Last MOT details

Date tested
3 April 2013
Pass
Mileage
139,028 miles
MOT test number
6550 1319 3021
Test location
► View test location
Expiry date
2 April 2014
Advisory notice item(s)
Nearside Inner Front constant velocity joint gaiter deteriorated, but preventing the ingress of dirt (2.5.C.1a)
Offside Outer Front constant velocity joint gaiter deteriorated, but preventing the ingress of dirt (2.5.C.1a)
Nearside Front Suspension arm rubber bush deteriorated but not resulting in excessive movement (2.4.G.2)
Parking brake: parking brake efficiency only just met. It would appear that the braking system requires adjustment or repair. (3.7.B.7)
frankxhv773t
Permanent resident

« Reply #12 on: 31 January, 2020, 12:29:26 PM »

There's nothing to worry about there. On a car with that performance you would want to go through the running gear thoroughly after a lay up anyway. The Thema Dedra Consortium  (TDC) will be useful for advice and parts. A Dedra really is a lovely car to drive and ride in so well worth the effort to keep one alive.
Kevinlincs
Permanent resident

« Reply #13 on: 31 January, 2020, 09:33:35 PM »

Yes, I'd searched the MoT history and nothing to worry about there. It has obviously deteriorated in the rear arch area which as we know is very common on the Dedra/Alfa 155 so I know what's to come there. Off to see it tomorrow afternoon so I'll soon know...

I'll also be able to find out more on previous owners from the documentation.

Very interesting that the rear quarter can be removed without damage Frank, I'd seen the various cap head bolts scattered all around it so assumed they were fasteners for it, just always assumed there was some spot welds or bonding sealant elsewhere.  Don't suppose that rear quarter is for sale  Grin

Flavia 815 coupe
Dedra turbo
Delta integrale
frankxhv773t
Permanent resident

« Reply #14 on: 31 January, 2020, 10:43:21 PM »

I'm afraid not. That was the replacement rear quarter that went back on the car. Also it was probably a decade ago.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd