Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
29 March, 2024, 11:09:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: original Vignale colours  (Read 7630 times)
davidalanbatt

« on: 10 March, 2008, 11:10:28 PM »

My wife's Vignale is about to have a bare metal respray, and I need some information on colours. The car is a 1967 1800cc, which at the moment is painted in 170 Argento Nevada. The car was originally silver, and it will be kept that colour.
Is there a paint code i.d. on the vehicle anywhere?
Does anyone have a colour swatch card for Vignales of this period? This is a chance to get the colour just right!
Thanks for your help again,
Paul
ncundy
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

« Reply #1 on: 10 March, 2008, 11:44:47 PM »

I have a colour chart from about 1966 and it lists the following for the Flavia. It has no codes but does have a sample colour key and where else the colour was used (so you could check the code against the same description on other models):

Black (shared with all Lancia models)
Newmarket (silver-only available on the sedan and convert.)
Capennelle (bright red - only available on the Flavia convert.)
Saratoga (white - available on all Lancia models)
Auteuil (metallic silver/grey - only available on the Flavia Convert)
Lancia Blue (available on all Lancia models)

I guess it would be either Newmarket or Auteuil, but I have only Fulvia codes and neither colour were available for Fulvias. If you have (or can get hold of) a Flavia spare parts catelogue the colours should be in the front.

The chart is the official colour chart from the UK Lancia Concessionaires at Alperton. There is no date but it lists "available cars" which are (to help you date it):
Flaminia Coupe
Flavia Zagato
Flavia Convrt
Flavia Coupe
Flavia Sedan
Fulvia Coupe
Fulvia 2C Sedan

1969 Fanalone, Mazda RX-8, Fiat Multipla
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 11 March, 2008, 12:19:54 AM »

My Fulvia " Catalogo Parti Di Ricambio" for Fulvia 818. immediately after the index on page xxx1, list Grigio Newmarket, code, Lancia-6984461. then supplier 847-101314DP, the DP signifying "Dupont"

Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
ncundy
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

« Reply #3 on: 11 March, 2008, 07:43:06 AM »

This is a good facility to search for colours, I have used it in the past to find stuff:

http://www.glasurit.com/COLOR/COLOR-ONLINE/

It gives the following for Auteuil:

ARGENTO AUTEUIL MET 0670
ARGENTO AUTEUIL MET 16287

To search go to the "search for formula" page and just put in Lancia, set everything else to "all" except the colour class. Auteuil is under "grey".

If you take the Glasurit code to your frendly painter I am sure he will be able to find all the alternatives Grin

ncundy
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

« Reply #4 on: 11 March, 2008, 08:32:20 AM »

Looking at the colours, Auteuil is very close to what you already have so I suspect the colour you want is that that Brian as found.

inthedark
« Reply #5 on: 11 March, 2008, 01:15:59 PM »

Normally you will find the paint code sticker either in the glovebox or on the inside of the boot lid.
if not any decent paint/body shop  should be able to use a ppl/max meyer/silkens or glasurit scheme to
identify the colour.

Jiff
davidalanbatt

« Reply #6 on: 12 March, 2008, 07:51:40 PM »

Thanks guys for your input.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd