Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 02:51:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Goodwood Trackday 4 April 2020 - CANCELLED  (Read 10535 times)
sllim1946

« on: 18 December, 2019, 05:54:52 PM »

Want to get over the winter blues with a good drive in your favourite classic car? Your club can help - well at least give you a short and enjoyable break from the humdrum boring everyday driving that we have to endure these days. It's simple you just enter our Goodwood Trackday next year which will be run on Saturday 4 April 2020.

The format will be as for the last few years with about 8 cars on the track at any one time and with a total track open time of seven hours. You can join the queue to go out and have fun as many times as you like. The dedicated often manage 30 laps during a day. There is also a half day option available.

The lunch/teas and coffee package is once again included in the entry. This has proved very popular over that last two years as it gives an excellent lunch with plentiful free coffee/tea all day and the chance for a lunchtime sit down with other drivers for a chat.

So it is a repeat show for next year with just a reasonable increase in prices. See enclosed entry form for details. As Club members you will have a six week period to enter before the event is opened to other clubs, i.e. entry  to be received  before 18 January 2020. Entries welcome after that date but members of other clubs will then be vying for places also.

Please, please do not be one of those that leaves it  too late and cannot get an entry!

Remember that this is very much an inclusive day and any car is welcome on track. It is not a day that in any way resembles a race practice session. If it will be your first trackday experience then there is no more gentle way that this to try it out.

What a Christmas Present !

See Entry Form attached

Brian Mills

* LMC_Goodwood_Trackday_entry_form_20reva.doc (152 KB - downloaded 235 times.)
« Last Edit: 01 April, 2020, 06:31:12 AM by sparehead3 » Logged

1961 Appia Berlina S3
JohnMillham
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 19 December, 2019, 11:25:51 AM »

Should we not have at least a (free) Motorsport UK clubman's license for this? Including passengers?
lancialulu
Press Officer
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 19 December, 2019, 03:55:39 PM »

John

As the track day is non-competitive (timing is prohibited, overtaking is managed etc) it is not a motor sport as such. I cannot see anything about track days on the MSUK website.

Thoughts?

Tim

Its not the winning but taking part! or is it taking apart?
Lancias:
1955 Aurelia B12
1967 Fulvia 1.3HFR
1972 Fulvia 1600HF
1972 Fulvia Sport 1600
1983 HPE VX
1988 Delta 1.6GTie
1998 Zeta 21.  12v
neil-yaj396
Committee
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 21 December, 2019, 09:10:20 AM »

Passengers?

1979 1300 Beta Coupe, 2014 Ypsilon 1.2 S Series Momo
nyssa7
Megaposter

« Reply #4 on: 21 December, 2019, 09:17:54 AM »

Have always been able to take ONE passenger, no cramming all your mates into a 7 seater. Think it costs an extra tenner?

2000 kappa coupe 20vt
1996 kappa saloon 20vt race car
the "Yntegrale"
1999 Lotus Elise S1
2016 AMG GTS

Y10 Advisor
JohnMillham
Permanent resident

« Reply #5 on: 21 December, 2019, 09:45:24 AM »

John

As the track day is non-competitive (timing is prohibited, overtaking is managed etc) it is not a motor sport as such. I cannot see anything about track days on the MSUK website.

Thoughts?

Tim
You might well be correct, but I think the organisers should check with Motorsport UK. As the licenses are now needed for rally navigators and passengers and trials passengers, it seems reasonable to assume that drivers and/or passengers on a race track will need them, too. Getting 5p per litre off of Esso fuel might persuade people it's worth getting one, anyway.
sllim1946

« Reply #6 on: 03 January, 2020, 03:18:05 PM »

Re Driving Licences. The requirement for licences at Goodwood Trackdays is as follows

"All participants (except those who are only involved as passengers) must have successfully passed the qualification to hold, or have held a full UK driving licence or non-UK equivalent or otherwise satisfy the Organiser and the Venue Operator as to their competence in handling the vehicle they intend to drive. Participants will be asked to confirm this within their indemnity for the event."

MSA (UK) which has now changed it's name (again!) to Motorsport UK has no mandate for trackdays.

Re Passenger Regulations.

"Only one passenger is permitted to be carried on the circuit at any time with the exception of a session restricted entirely to track familiarisation, when a minimum Grade B Association of Racing Drivers Schools (ARDS) licensed instructor must be present in the vehicle. Motor Sport Vision (MSV) equivalent approved instructors are also permissible at the Venue Operator’s discretion. All passengers must be carried in the front seat of any vehicle at Goodwood Motor Circuit. Passengers, must sign the necessary indemnities prior to going onto the circuit. Anybody under the age of 17 must have the indemnity countersigned by a parent or guardian." Although the regulations do not say so Goodwood do not normally allow passengers under the age of 16.

LMC members may go out on the circuit as passengers for free. Non members will be charged £10 for the day.

Hope that helps

Brian Mills

1961 Appia Berlina S3
Charles Frodsham
Megaposter

« Reply #7 on: 20 January, 2020, 02:20:40 PM »

After having been to this event a number of years as a spectator, I am considering entering. I really would like to enjoy the circuit, it always appears to be such a friendly and safe place to start.

What is the done thing regarding insurance? I would be interested in members’ and participants’ views.
Jai Sharma
Megaposter

« Reply #8 on: 22 January, 2020, 10:33:24 PM »

So far as Insurance is concerned, it is best to speak to your insurer early on. Some old car policies include it, some will add it for a small fee and some won’t cover it. As usual, it depends.
If you are very worried you can find separate track day cover just for the day, I believe.
The days are pretty safe but of course nothing is completely without risk.
Charles Frodsham
Megaposter

« Reply #9 on: 23 January, 2020, 01:42:29 PM »

Thanks for the advice......seems most classic car insurers are moving away from ‘club track day’ cover. The other options are quite expensive!
sllim1946

« Reply #10 on: 31 January, 2020, 05:30:31 PM »

Dear all,

The trackday is filling up fast. I have no more afternoon slots and just a couple of  morning ones. There are about  6 full day places left. So if you want to enter act fast!!!

Brian Mills

1961 Appia Berlina S3
sllim1946

« Reply #11 on: 06 February, 2020, 09:17:49 PM »

Dear all.

Have only got 3 all day spaces left and there are non members out there wanting them. I am holding them off for a few days - so this is your last chance - email me quick to reserve a place!!!

Brian Mills - blsmills68@yahoo.co.uk

1961 Appia Berlina S3
lafulvia
Lapsed

Old Lancista

« Reply #12 on: 13 March, 2020, 02:20:11 PM »

Because of the current well known health hazards we are experiencing around the world and the outlook regarding possible drastic measures, announced and likely to be announced, is there any thinking about our little gathering for the track day? Without wanting to be alarmist, just practical, could we please be informed as soon as possible if a change of program will be implemented so that we can arrange cancellation to accommodation arrangements. Thank you.
nyssa7
Megaposter

« Reply #13 on: 13 March, 2020, 05:57:12 PM »

Current advice is that race meetings such as the BTCC are still going ahead, there will be a round on both weekends either side of this event. The feeling is that outdoor events are nothing like as contagious as placing thousands of people into an enclosed space

Obvious advice stands I imagine, if you feel ill, display any of the published signs, then don’t come just as you wouldn’t go anywhere else

Otherwise, at least as of today, there is no reason to believe the day will not go ahead. If Government advice changes, then all bets are off 

2000 kappa coupe 20vt
1996 kappa saloon 20vt race car
the "Yntegrale"
1999 Lotus Elise S1
2016 AMG GTS

Y10 Advisor
sllim1946

« Reply #14 on: 16 March, 2020, 05:00:22 PM »

Dear All,

As of this morning when I contacted Goodwood Motor Racing Circuit, all of their planned events are going ahead including the very much larger Members Meeting on the weekend before the trackday. This event will include many overseas entries - assuming they can get here with the ever changing border closure issues.

So all go at present - will keep you posted every few days.

Brian

1961 Appia Berlina S3
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd