Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 04:56:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Aprilia saloon Windscreen Fitting  (Read 2909 times)
LatheJon

« on: 05 December, 2019, 01:53:16 PM »

Hi,
I am in need of advice to fit the Front Screen, It`s been so long since I did one I`ve forgotten!!
Is it from the inside with the rubber fitted on the car. or with the rubber on the glass and fit from the inside?

Also has any owner found a reasonably priced windscreen rubber section, that they have used.

Thanks in advance,
John

« Last Edit: 05 December, 2019, 03:59:16 PM by LatheJon » Logged
davidwheeler
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 06 December, 2019, 03:57:24 PM »

I seem to remember that I fitted the rubber to the screen and then fitted it to the car from the outside but it was a long time ago.  I did not fit the aluminium decorative strip because it had largely dissolved.     I did apply non setting sealant as well.

David Wheeler.  Lambdas, Aprilia, Fulvia Sport.(formerly Appia and Thema as well).
lancialulu
Press Officer
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 06 December, 2019, 04:22:41 PM »

I am not familiar with Aprilia but having owned one I know it is a very flat and quite small area of glass. I wish I had taken mine out to effect a decent water tightness....

Normally one would (with 2 people) gunk the seal with non setting windscreen sealant from a car paint store etc and wrap a waxed cotton string round and overlap into the rubber groove. assemble with screen and trim and rubber in one go. With pressure from the outside working from inside the car use the string to flip the rubber over the edge. Have a few blunt small screw drivers handy to act as additional rubber flipping.

The last couple of times I used 2mm nylon strimmer cord instead of the waxed cotton.

Aprilia owners may have a different approach.

Its not the winning but taking part! or is it taking apart?
Lancias:
1955 Aurelia B12
1967 Fulvia 1.3HFR
1972 Fulvia 1600HF
1972 Fulvia Sport 1600
1983 HPE VX
1988 Delta 1.6GTie
1998 Zeta 21.  12v
peterblenk

« Reply #3 on: 11 May, 2020, 11:26:44 AM »

I used the new, I assumed repro, windscreen rubber from Cigognani, and it seems to fit. How water tight I do not know. Peter
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd