Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
25 November, 2020, 04:30:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lambda....the journey begins!  (Read 16711 times)
Dikappa
Megaposter

« Reply #210 on: 20 November, 2020, 11:59:54 AM »

Today I made a trip to the local radiator man here with my radiator.  It was newly made and came with the car, however it does not fit in!!!!

It turnes out the used grid (more modern than original and NO honeycomb look) was ordered too big, so apart from some items we would have to rebuild the complete radiator....

Before we venture on this: is there a supplier where one can simply order a complete 8th series radiator? (so for a separate radiator surround, as opposed to the earlier ones)

It it true that even the original radiators used a sort of a fake honeycomb grid?  (I have a very old example here that has a honeycomb look but straight tubes behind it....)

Because if we're going to do this it might as well be right first time.

Many thanks,

Koen
« Last Edit: 20 November, 2020, 04:56:35 PM by Dikappa » Logged
Mikenoangelo
Megaposter

« Reply #211 on: 20 November, 2020, 02:46:53 PM »

Bad luck Koen. When buying a restored or part restored car it's best to expect the unexpected - at least then you won't be disappointed! The Augusta has not been too bad in that respect but I once bought a car which turned out to have a broken kingpin in the front axle which had been "repaired" by brazing.

Mike
davidwheeler
Permanent resident

« Reply #212 on: 20 November, 2020, 10:13:56 PM »

Yes, the original radiator is a gilled tube with a honeycomb effect on the front.    I do not think it is possible to order a "Lambda Radiator"  off the shelf as it were.    Vintage Car Radiators http://www.vintagecarradiatorcompany.co.uk has in the past rebuilt a couple of mine and Omicron got a new one for my VIIIth car when it was crashed some 25 years ago but I do not know from where.   Both were true honeycombs as I do not think it is possible to get the fake honeycomb front any more.  A shame because it blocks more easily. A couple of places to start!   Expect to pay a lot of money, my last recore was in the region of 3000 I think.

David Wheeler.  Lambdas, Aprilia, Fulvia Sport.(formerly Appia and Thema as well).
Dikappa
Megaposter

« Reply #213 on: Today at 10:18:14 AM »

A fresh problem has unearthed....

I had the rear spring packs checked over and new main leaves made.  On return they would fit the dumb irons at the front but would point heavely upwards at the back.  Not having dissambled a Lambda I knew no better then that the eyes on the new main leaves had been made wrongly.

However further investigations now have led to the conclusion that there have been different generations of dumb irons, and that I have for unknown reasons early ones with a flat bottom, as opposed to the latter ones which present a sloping bottom.

Could this be confirmed?  As if this is correct I will have to track down correct ones....

Pictures show my ones, and another one with a heavily slope.  Standard later ones have a slope, but not so steep apparently...

Any info or additional pics most welcome!

* P1100379.JPG (151.25 KB, 1440x1080 - viewed 0 times.)

* P1100295.JPG (207.75 KB, 1440x1080 - viewed 0 times.)

* 15-01-07 Inkorten (5).jpg (81.8 KB, 954x768 - viewed 0 times.)
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2018 Lancia Motor Club Ltd