Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
10 December, 2019, 08:20:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lambda....the journey begins!  (Read 1109 times)
Dikappa
Megaposter

« Reply #30 on: 01 December, 2019, 08:13:23 PM »

Not much to report, but some small jobs done such as fabrication of swivel points for the accelerator pedal, and some dismanteling of the two small fuel and oil tanks to prepare them for blasting.  I also took appart the steering colum for cleaning and preparation, and found the bearing inside the bearing carrier broken.  Very odd as one would think this bearing has an easy live...maybe it has something to do with how it was removed from the car at the time...

Is there any knowledge here on the forum regarding the Nivex l'exhausteur vacuum operated fuel system?  Is this wise to try and use this still or is an electric fuel pump hidden in the back a better proposition?
I have a dismanteled unit here (which involves desoldering the housing), and noticed a cork float is used inside, and fear the coating might not be very resitant to fuels containing ethanol...

Seats are a bit on hold as the laser company has not made the necessary parts yet.
davidwheeler
Permanent resident

« Reply #31 on: 02 December, 2019, 12:57:31 PM »

I have rebuilt both my Le Nivex pumps using an SU float and found them very reliable.     The split pins holding the various levers in place tend to break if you take them apart but if the only problem is the float then all the rest may be left untouched.     I have just posted the details on the Technical Information thread.

David Wheeler.  Lambdas, Aprilia, Fulvia Sport.(formerly Appia and Thema as well).
Dikappa
Megaposter

« Reply #32 on: 03 December, 2019, 08:33:10 PM »

Hi David,  thanks for the posts, interesting read.  Regarding the floats I was alredy thinking along that line, were it copper floats?  Do you remember which type they came out?
davidwheeler
Permanent resident

« Reply #33 on: 04 December, 2019, 09:23:12 AM »

They are brass but I do not remember which ones.  They seem to have changed the specifications to cope with moder fuels though.  You will find them here  http://sucarb.co.uk/float-chambers-spares/floats.html 

David Wheeler.  Lambdas, Aprilia, Fulvia Sport.(formerly Appia and Thema as well).
Dikappa
Megaposter

« Reply #34 on: 08 December, 2019, 05:09:00 PM »

Some progress over the weekend!
Friday the laser company was ready with the lower backrest frames for the seats.  They are an exact copy of the ardea items.  I had them made in 2mm thick steel as I found the originals in 1.5 mm a bit flimsy.  The original Ardea items are a bit flanged around the edges to stiffen them so I wanted that too.  Hammering by hand was not very succesfull, due to the thickness, and did not seem to help my tennis elbow (wonder where that came from...)
Saturday I decided to try to make a homemade tool for the Pullmax machine and although looking quite crude this did the job very nicely in minutes.

Today I welded the rails to the seat frames and started on making a frame on which to mount the seats.  It looks simple but took a lot of measuring and probe sitting to get it right.  Frame now welded and probe fritted in the car.  I will have to drill some holes here and there to fix it later this week, then it will have to come out again for painting.

With the bases of the seats now fitted I plan to make a wooden template for the shape of the backrests, hopefully some time for that over the week....

* P1100072.JPG (199.43 KB, 1440x1080 - viewed 0 times.)

* P1100073.JPG (210.33 KB, 1440x1080 - viewed 0 times.)

* P1100069.JPG (218.67 KB, 1440x1080 - viewed 0 times.)

* P1100067.JPG (200.63 KB, 1440x1080 - viewed 0 times.)

* P1100068.JPG (209.72 KB, 1440x1080 - viewed 0 times.)
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2018 Lancia Motor Club Ltd