Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
19 March, 2024, 07:15:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lancia Lubrication plate - possibly Edwardian FOC  (Read 4409 times)
Mikenoangelo
Megaposter

« on: 09 November, 2019, 09:44:15 PM »

A chum gave me this Lancia lubrication plate, in Italian, French and English.

Height 155mm x width 53mm. Made of brass with raised lettering which is only just visible due to patination. I have not attempted to clean it but have no doubt if it were cleaned the writing would be perfectly clear as can be seen from the brass rubbing kindly made by my wife, and the plate usable on the appropriate car.

If anyone recognises it I'd like to know which Lancia model it comes from, and if anyone has a use for it please let me know and you may have it FOC, rather than it lying forlorn in some drawer as it has done for many years. I wonder if it is from one of the Edwardian models?

Mike

Dikappa
Megaposter

« Reply #1 on: 10 November, 2019, 04:45:57 PM »

I'm not 100% sure but think it's a Lambda plate, which is still missing on my project.  So I would love to give it some use!
Mikenoangelo
Megaposter

« Reply #2 on: 10 November, 2019, 10:21:44 PM »

If it is Lambda you are welcome to it but looking at the attached picture from an earlier post on the forum the Lambda plate does not look the same - although they may have changed from year to year. Can a Lambda owner have a look please?

Mike
frankxhv773t
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 11 November, 2019, 06:36:16 PM »

Here is a picture of a 1926 6th series which has plates similar to the one on offer here.
Dikappa
Megaposter

« Reply #4 on: 11 November, 2019, 07:13:51 PM »

I asked a friend with also an 8th series and he will check...there seem to be two plates normally, the longisch one as in this topic and a bigger one.
Mikenoangelo
Megaposter

« Reply #5 on: 14 November, 2019, 11:10:24 AM »

Koen - seems like you win the raffle!!
If you send me a PM with your address etc I will post it to you. Glad it is to find a good home.

Mike
simonandjuliet
Permanent resident

« Reply #6 on: 14 November, 2019, 04:07:50 PM »

Well done Koen (and Mike for your generosity !)

However, if anyone has a set of the Aprilia info plates in good condition, as per above, I would be interested - my Cabrio plates are OK but could be better

I only need the 2 large ones, Thanks

AmilcarCGS, ApriliaCabrio,S2Aprilia,Ardea c'cino,S4 Ardea, Appia c'cino, Appia f'cino,B20 s4,4 R4 Sinpar, R4 Rodeo, 65 Moke, 2xR60 Tractor, 2xToselli 78, Moto Guzzi Ercole, Disco 3, Mini ALL4 JCW, Moto Guzzi Cardellino, Fulvia GT, RE Himalayan, Ypsilon
Dikappa
Megaposter

« Reply #7 on: 19 December, 2019, 05:17:16 PM »

The plate arrived in Belgium today, with thanks to Mike for sending it over.  You'll see it appear someday in the Lambda project!
Mikenoangelo
Megaposter

« Reply #8 on: 19 December, 2019, 10:07:55 PM »

Good news Koen!
Mike
Tony Stephens

« Reply #9 on: 28 December, 2019, 09:40:58 AM »

I could do with the Lambda one (have repros of the other two) and am also keeping an eye open for an Aprilia set (early). Or a refurbishment technique which is not too time-consuming.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd