Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 01:04:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: deformed or just eccentric..  (Read 5330 times)
Scarpia
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

« on: 05 March, 2008, 08:26:52 PM »

I finally got round to removing the rubber bushes on the steering in the weekend.I think it may explain the steering judder..... Roll Eyes One of the silent blocks is so deformed I at first though the it was intentionally assymetric so to allow steering set up and then realised this made no sense...photos tell the story I think.The rubber has become so mobile over the years you can mould it like hard putty. 

* silent blocks.jpg (100.41 KB, 550x412 - viewed 466 times.)

* deformed or just eccentric.jpg (43.86 KB, 400x300 - viewed 512 times.)

* oops....jpg (77.95 KB, 450x337 - viewed 463 times.)
JohnMillham
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 05 March, 2008, 08:35:34 PM »

Yes, they're deformed all right. Just like the ones on my Augusta when I bought it. New ones are available from Cavalito and would possibly be better than the replacements I got from a British manufacturer, which are harder rubber than the originals.
JohnMillham
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 05 March, 2008, 08:38:49 PM »

By the way, how do you know the steering juddered? Was it doing so when you towed the car? From one of the earlier photos, I seem to remember that your track rod is badly bent, which would cause severe toe-in and make the steering heavy.
 Regards, John
Scarpia
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

« Reply #3 on: 05 March, 2008, 08:58:17 PM »

Au contraire ...my car has not yet "failed to proceed"

the aprilia has always made it under it's own power (180 miles on 2 cylinders when I picked it up).And I think you must be confusing mine with a lesser example, no bent track rods in the immediate vicinity? You may recall a couple of years ago(after sampling my expresso) that I took you for a short spin around the block with Andrew- no tow car in sight on that occasion Grin
« Last Edit: 05 March, 2008, 09:01:46 PM by Scarpia » Logged
Scarpia
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

« Reply #4 on: 09 March, 2008, 04:34:12 PM »

New items are winging their way from Cavalitto.15 euro/bearing which is not unreasonable.

Line up the headlights and check a slight blow between two exhaust sections and I'm of to the MOT in the next couple of weeks... Smiley
JohnMillham
Permanent resident

« Reply #5 on: 09 March, 2008, 09:40:09 PM »

Apologies, I thought we were referring to someone else's car, which I had seen a photo of. I well remember your's as being an extremely fine example. I hope it's still going as well. And I didn't know you were Scarpia!
  Regards, John
Scarpia
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

« Reply #6 on: 10 March, 2008, 09:00:57 AM »

The full horror of my secret identity is revealed....
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd