Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 09:42:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: lancia stratos replica exhaust system  (Read 3834 times)
cannylancia

« on: 10 August, 2019, 04:57:37 PM »

I've been building a hawk stratos replica for more years than I care to remember, however now I have some time to get it finished.

The engine is a quite a high spec lancia Beta 2100cc, with HC pistons, ported head, Abarth spec rally cams, 45 dellortos, etc etc and 4 to 2 exhaust system. The engine will not run at all cleanly due to the short length +/- 9" of the primary pipes which I understand should be at least 17-1/2" long.

My current plan is to modify the existing exhaust system bit this is not a trivial job, so does any member know if a suitable exhaust manifold exists, either 4 to 2 as per the original Hawk system or possibly a 4 to 1 system which I have see a photo off may years ago but can't find any details of manufacturer.

Any advice gratefully received (other than using an Alfa engine !!)

Dikappa
Megaposter

« Reply #1 on: 11 August, 2019, 05:06:24 PM »

Would a Monte-carlo Ansa not be suitable, how is hte engine positioned in the car?
SanRemo78
Rebel Poster

« Reply #2 on: 11 August, 2019, 09:35:14 PM »

Couple of replies on a Facebook thread on this I think. Hope you found them.

Have you found the Stratos Enthusiasts Club yet - you'll get a quicker response there/

www.stratosec.com

Cheers
Guy

cannylancia

« Reply #3 on: 12 August, 2019, 04:37:11 PM »

Thanks guys for your advice.

The engine is transverse using the beta engine and montecarlo gearbox. I'm not sure a Monte Carlo ansa system would fit but also unsure if its pipe diameters and length would be ideal with the engine spec. My son has contacted the Stratos Enthusiasts Club as I'm not a facebook user.

Think is is making some progress.

Thanks

Alistair
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd