Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
19 March, 2024, 09:22:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hazelnut (nocciola) wool cloth for headlining and upholstery?  (Read 5297 times)
chriswgawne
Permanent resident

« on: 02 August, 2019, 03:57:49 PM »

Our new B21S project needs a new headlining and probably a complete retrim.
The original interior colour is 'nocciola' = hazelnut and I seem to be unable to find a supplier who offers this. There are plenty of beige wool cloths available but I would ideally like to stay with the original colour.
I have tried Elvisio, Erreffe and Trinchero in Italy without success. Any suggestions anyone?
Chris

Chris Gawne
Mobile: 07778 216552
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 02 August, 2019, 04:56:12 PM »

Our new B21S project needs a new headlining and probably a complete retrim.
The original interior colour is 'nocciola' = hazelnut and I seem to be unable to find a supplier who offers this. There are plenty of beige wool cloths available but I would ideally like to stay with the original colour.
I have tried Elvisio, Erreffe and Trinchero in Italy without success. Any suggestions anyone?
Chris
Any chance of getting the closest colour to your original, or a light colour dyed?
Brian

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
chriswgawne
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 02 August, 2019, 06:37:36 PM »

Thanks Brian,
The closest available colour seems to be beige which is really too light. Erreffe have offered a colour match run of 100m....but that's a bit too much for me.
Chris

Chris Gawne
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 02 August, 2019, 08:24:45 PM »

Hi Chris, when I'd sent mine off to Elvisio a couple of years ago, they seemed to have it then.

I know I was in contact with another supplier who said he had it, will try and dig it out over the next few days.

P

Frank Gallagher
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #4 on: 02 August, 2019, 09:47:18 PM »

http://classicandeuropean.com/product/english-wool-union-headlining/

"LEW02 is $90+gst per metre.  It is designed for headlinings but not for seats"

Thoughts on this Chris? They are in Australia.

P

Frank Gallagher
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #5 on: 02 August, 2019, 09:53:46 PM »

This info for upholstery in another email

"We are in Australia.  GST means goods and services tax but this does not apply for overseas orders.

We have another range of Heavy weight broad cloth called "West of England", it's 100% virgin wool and very high quality.  It's expensive - $195AUD/m but the quality is unsurpassed and it can be used for both headlinings and seats (as it was in Bentley, Rolls, Astons etc).  It also has the advantage of being available in approx. 30 colours."

P

Frank Gallagher
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #6 on: 02 August, 2019, 09:59:57 PM »

This from Elevizio in 2016....

"Yes we also confirm the nocciola interiors on the amaranto coachwork.
Send me a picture of the old Hollow rubber ring, just to make sure I understand correctly.

We do supply the nocciola fabric at the price of 31,72 per meter (height 2 meters) - 10% discount to you + shipping to evaluate once you know exactly how many meters you need considering the 2 meters height."

P

Frank Gallagher
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #7 on: 02 August, 2019, 10:13:41 PM »

And a video of how they make the headlining, this is for an Ardea, this is the same grey material as for an Aurelia, assuming same quality in hazelnut colour.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=pMAh_Zk-P4k

P

Frank Gallagher
GG
Megaposter

« Reply #8 on: 03 August, 2019, 03:09:01 AM »

What happened to Trinchero? They used to offer this.

We used wool (West of England) from Hirsch, I think in New Jersey. It was some years ago though...

https://www.hirschauto.com/mohaircard.htm

B20 s.2, Appia C10, Flavia 2000
impaw
Megaposter

« Reply #9 on: 08 August, 2019, 06:58:18 AM »

I just bought a roll of what I at least think ( and hope ) was nocciola from Trinchero.
I communicated with Francesco Furia at Trinchero.
His mail is f.furia@trinchero.com.

Torstein

1955 Aurelia B20
1966 Fulvia
1966 Fulvia rally/race car
impaw
Megaposter

« Reply #10 on: 08 August, 2019, 07:04:35 AM »

...looking at the invoice the fabric is called "Panno Lancia Beige " , code 14001/LB

So perhaps it isn't the true nocciola, but it looks good  Cheesy

Torstein

1955 Aurelia B20
1966 Fulvia
1966 Fulvia rally/race car
chriswgawne
Permanent resident

« Reply #11 on: 08 August, 2019, 07:36:48 AM »

One of the difficulties (much to my surprise) with this quest is actually the variation in the colour of supplier's  photos of the same cloth but taken in different lights.
I obviously don't want to ask for samples unnecessarily but I do want to stay with the original quite dark colour and not a lighter version such as a beige variant.
I have some samples coming in the next week or so and hopefully I will then be able to order the headlining material, seat material and door panel materials including the door kick panel leathercloth and rear carpet (only in the back for ladies for comfort along with the blanket holders on the backs of the front seats).
Also, what I don't know yet is what the rear window blind was made of.
I need to practice patience - there is no real rush.
Chris

Chris Gawne
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd