Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 07:24:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Radio fitment ; Options ?  (Read 13840 times)
ncundy
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

« Reply #15 on: 03 March, 2008, 08:45:11 PM »

According to the experts on the web it can be used as an input for any signal, in fact Becker sell an adaptor lead with a jack plug (they have a very good back up for old radios). However I still remain to be convinced ! But I feel I have learnt a bit over the last couple of weeks so I shall let you know.

1969 Fanalone, Mazda RX-8, Fiat Multipla
ncundy
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

« Reply #16 on: 27 March, 2008, 12:39:57 PM »

Well, the radio arrived and is in perfect condition. Bench tested it, works fine as does the aux input. The amplifier is a bit weedy (7W per channel) so I have got a 50W amp of EBay so as not to damage the speakers. To complete the installation I am awaiting a new Fulvia faceplate from Italy (EBay again). And a nice surprise was that contacting the customer service department at Becker Europe got a reply two days later with a full manual !

ncundy
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

« Reply #17 on: 15 April, 2008, 08:12:13 AM »

I managed to get hold of a pre-DIN Becker Europa Stereo and amp so that I did not have to cut the dash. It has all gone in very well to give a neat installation. I also contacted Becker who sent me the wiring diagram for the radio and amp from which I picked up the pin outs from the aux-in port to make up a lead for MP3 players etc. If anyone wants a copy I can e-mail it (too big to attach here).

All very straight forward, just take the left and right channels (four wires) and the screen and wire through a switched jack plug socket (to maintain the loop through circuit) and a 5-pin DIN plug. I used this one : Maplin

* DSCF2342rev1.JPG (237.13 KB, 1700x1200 - viewed 455 times.)

RhysHF
« Reply #18 on: 16 April, 2008, 07:53:38 PM »

Nice installation Neil, the radio looks period but with the modern and discreet MP3 capability.

Food for thought on my own installation.

Will all Fulvia doors take speakers mounted in the position you have mounted yours? (I have not had the door cards off yet)

Rhys
ncundy
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

« Reply #19 on: 16 April, 2008, 08:30:44 PM »

I think all Fulvia coupes had provision for speakers in the doors (the TAV shows the speaker cut out), as a radio was a factory option from the S1 onwards. My only problem was finding a speaker of a small enough diameter that would fit behind the original speaker grills - try finding anything under 500 watts and smaller than a dinner plate ! It didn't have the correct PCD so I made up an interface ring so as not to drill the doors.

The aux input with the Becker is quite forward thinking for 1969 - they modularised their in-car systems so you bought the head unit but could add cassete and 8 track players. So using this input means I can plug anything into it now and it plays through the amp and the speakers, MP3, Sat Nav, hands free phone etc with no modification to the stereo or the car and have it all hidden away. Quite chuffed with it really  Smiley

ncundy
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

« Reply #20 on: 18 April, 2008, 12:18:12 PM »

Well, obviously not all doors had cut outs !!
This is a photo fo an S1 coupe aluminium door for sale in Holland. So I guess some cars (probably the earlier ones) did not have door cut outs.
You live and learn  Roll Eyes

* door.jpg (82.58 KB, 636x334 - viewed 428 times.)

ncundy
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

« Reply #21 on: 14 May, 2008, 10:24:43 AM »

I found this very informative site on classic car radios. A couple of interesting Lancia ones in there (under FIAT) and alot of good information and a forum. It is a Belgium site and in French.

http://users.skynet.be/antique.autoradio/index.htm

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd