Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
29 March, 2024, 03:03:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fulvia Engine Oil Breather Pipe  (Read 3004 times)
KeithWade

« on: 14 March, 2019, 01:36:25 PM »

I have just replaced the elbow section of the breather pipe as it had split so thought while I was on to clean the breather pipe itself as I know it can be prone to blockage. I flushed the pipe out and reached a point where it seemed to be clear. Quite by chance I tapped the pipe only to find that quite a bit more of the gunk came out. This encouraged me flush the pipe out several more times while tapping it between flushing and I was surprised at how much gunk had actually not cleared after the initial flush....! Clearly it is important to allow a little time after initial flushing for the gunk to loosen and come out........
IanC

« Reply #1 on: 15 March, 2019, 07:47:46 AM »

Hi Keith, thanks for the advice but as I am new to this car could you please describe where the pipe sits?

Thank you

Ian
simonandjuliet
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 15 March, 2019, 08:52:16 AM »

Whilst you are in this area of the engine bay, have you checked the oil filler body for disintegrating 'brillo pad' ?

I think someone wrote it up recently or if you go back over old Viva Lancia mags, you will find something that I wrote a few years ago

AmilcarCGS, ApriliaCabrio,S2Aprilia,Ardea c'cino,S4 Ardea, Appia c'cino, Appia f'cino,B20 s4,4 R4 Sinpar, R4 Rodeo, 65 Moke, 2xR60 Tractor, 2xToselli 78, Moto Guzzi Ercole, Disco 3, Mini ALL4 JCW, Moto Guzzi Cardellino, Fulvia GT, RE Himalayan, Ypsilon
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 15 March, 2019, 09:43:59 AM »

Thread http://www.lancia.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=9972.0

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
KeithWade

« Reply #4 on: 15 March, 2019, 10:34:10 AM »

The pipe (hose really) runs from the side of the engine oil filler, across the carburettors and down onto the elbow pipe which in turn is fitted to the side of the air filter housing.

Yes I remember your article about the disintegrating mesh. Very very useful. I have considered putting some stainless steel (pan scrubber) mesh in there but then wondered whether it is best with nothing in at all. I did open up a spare to find that all seemed OK to be honest.....
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd