Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
29 March, 2024, 07:25:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Members List on eBay  (Read 3084 times)
SanRemo78
Rebel Poster

« on: 23 January, 2019, 07:51:02 PM »

Don't think I like the idea of this publication being available on eBay.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lancia-Motor-Club-UK-2000-Membership-register/382746755121?hash=item591d7c0031:g:ZPIAAOSwXepcSKrF:rk:170:pf:0

If anyone on the committee sees this can they contact the seller and ask him to withdraw it please.

Guy
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 23 January, 2019, 07:57:27 PM »

Hi Guy, well spotted, will make contact, and feedback,

P

Frank Gallagher
SanRemo78
Rebel Poster

« Reply #2 on: 23 January, 2019, 08:05:48 PM »

I have also written to the seller through eBay and raised a complaint but don't expect to see any action from eBay, they probably don't appreciate the content of the listing. Or the risk it may pose to owners who haven't moved.

If the seller isn't willing to remove the listing will the club please consider purchasing this item on behalf of the membership?

The seller is David Thomas Books, I'm sure that there are lots of fellow members who have done business with them over the years. I have but may not do so again.

Guy
« Last Edit: 23 January, 2019, 08:08:10 PM by SanRemo78 » Logged
sparehead3
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 23 January, 2019, 11:13:56 PM »

Now no longer available ...

This has happened before if I remember rightly

Regards,
Steve Pilgrim
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #4 on: 24 January, 2019, 01:08:27 AM »

I have also written to the seller through eBay and raised a complaint but don't expect to see any action from eBay, they probably don't appreciate the content of the listing. Or the risk it may pose to owners who haven't moved.

If the seller isn't willing to remove the listing will the club please consider purchasing this item on behalf of the membership?

The seller is David Thomas Books, I'm sure that there are lots of fellow members who have done business with them over the years. I have but may not do so again.

Guy
I've known David, and been a customer and friend for about 20 years, so I can only think that this was put up for sale in error, I don't think David operates on his own these days, so perhaps the answer.
I've pointed out that the information and Data contained is very sensitive, and could cause a lot of problems in our light fingered friends hands.
If I receive a reply I'll let you know.
brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #5 on: 24 January, 2019, 11:05:35 AM »

Reply from seller, David.

Thanks for your message. Unfortunately this was listed in error - I have people putting up listings for me. This (my own copy, I'm in it) ended up in a selection of other Lancia items.It was removed as soon as possible yesterday evening.

regards, David

P

Frank Gallagher
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd