Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 04:27:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Augusta headlamp reflectors  (Read 4217 times)
Mikenoangelo
Megaposter

« on: 21 January, 2019, 08:39:00 PM »

One of the headlight reflectors on my newly acquired Augusta is under size and lacks the outer rim.
On the left the wrong 'un with no rim, 168mm O/D and 68mm deep - this one one was held in place with tape.
One the right the correct one , 188m mm O/D and 80mm deep which fit closely to the glass and headlamp rim.

There is an oddity in that both have a hole for the sidelight to shine through but which is not needed as the festoon type bulb is mounted on the main bulb holder fitting and shines through the central hole with no need for the smaller hole in the reflector. Has anyone got a spare reflector to match the one on the right or a pair which I might buy please?

I have a plan B which is to make a flanged ring to adapt the smaller reflector and have made a prototype in aluminium before making the real thing in brass. However before getting the existing reflectors re-silvered I'd like try to find a proper one.

Mike
Sliding Pillar
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 22 January, 2019, 11:30:35 AM »

I might have what you are looking for.
I will send you an email with more pictures.
« Last Edit: 22 January, 2019, 11:42:18 AM by Sliding Pillar » Logged

1955 Aurelia
1961 Lamborghini
Kari

« Reply #2 on: 22 January, 2019, 04:16:23 PM »

Hello Mike,

I do have 2 original reflectors you can have. One of them is good with a couple of tiny dents, not visible when installed and the other one no dents but needs resilvering. Reflectors are silverplated.

I do have 2 headlamps , complete in good order, which I had on my Augusta for decades. They are slightly larger in diameter and have a protruding glas. Of interest is that the Bosch lights are in a Lucas housing (no joke)

I hope that helps

Karl
Mikenoangelo
Megaposter

« Reply #3 on: 23 January, 2019, 05:24:13 PM »

Thanks to both for such a quick response - job sorted thanks to Karl, whose reflectors are identical to the better of the two I have Smiley

Mike
Walbarr

« Reply #4 on: 25 March, 2020, 05:13:23 PM »

Hi Mike

Watched an episode of car sos the other evening and came across a company called The Genius of the Lamp based in the Birmingham area. You may have heard of them already - even not they can do all sorts of headlights going back to the Edwardian times. I checked their website and of course they are closed due to Covid 19.

Walter
chriswgawne
Permanent resident

« Reply #5 on: 25 March, 2020, 07:03:07 PM »

I posted a query/request a few weeks ago regarding early B20/ B21 inner headlamp units (which sit behind the art deco outer glass) and have had no replies.
I( am wondering whether there is some commonality here regarding the reflectors. Do you have a diameter for the Augusts reflectors please.
I cant post a photo of what I want as I am in the UK and my lights are in Italy.
The firm in Birmingham sounds interesting.
Chris 

Chris Gawne
Mobile: 07778 216552
Mikenoangelo
Megaposter

« Reply #6 on: 25 March, 2020, 10:02:22 PM »

I'll measure the Augusta reflector tomorrow and report back Chris.

The Genius of the Lamp have a good reputation - no doubt expensive though.

Mike
Sliding Pillar
Permanent resident

« Reply #7 on: 26 March, 2020, 12:56:53 PM »

I'm not sure if these photos will be of any help, they are of the complete headlamp unit with its glass cover which is behind the outer art deco lens. I don't any photos of just the reflector.

1955 Aurelia
1961 Lamborghini
Mikenoangelo
Megaposter

« Reply #8 on: 26 March, 2020, 02:33:13 PM »

Augusta reflector

Diameter overall 187mm
Diameter of dished reflector surface 170mm
Depth 78mm

Note as per my earlier pictures there is an extra hole for the sidelight.

Hope this helps

Mike
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd